Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The Best Ribs Made Yet

Options
2»

Comments

• NewEnglandEgger
    Options
    I've got my first attempt at baby backs on my large Egg right now. I'm using Mike's approach with one modification. I've included a layer of brown sugar on top of the initial Dizzy Dust rub.

My new DigiQ Dx2 is doing an awesome job of holding the temp right at 225.

I'll be 'spritzing' on the hour with a mix of apple juice/apple cider, and then finally applying Bone Suckin Sauce.

Will report back with results!

Tom
  • eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Options
    I have used apple juice with BBs with excellent results. Tried apple cider and didn't turn out  as good. Don't know what might make a difference. I won't use cider again.
    Eggo in N. MS
  • ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Options
    I've had excellent results with spicy brown mustard and Emeril's rib rub, no apple juice, no sauce for 5 hours @ about 250
    Pentwater, MI
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options
    I have used apple juice with BBs with excellent results. Tried apple cider and didn't turn out  as good. Don't know what might make a difference. I won't use cider again.

I have used a 50/50 mix of apple cider vinegar and apple juice from the Car Wash Mikes method. This did a great job. Also, if you like sticky and sweet, put some Blues Hog sauce on them.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • NewEnglandEgger
    Options
    Just finished dinner. BOOYAH ! For my first time ever doing ribs, Mike's recipe was executed to great success! My wife gave them an A-. The only problem I need to solve for is overcooking at the narrow ends of the ribs.

I did them on the main grill rack, with the platesetter and a drip pan with 3 cups of water in it. I noticed that all of the water was gone, not sure how fast that happened.

May get a v-rack for next attempt.

Overall...thrilled with how they turned out. The meat was just shy of fall of the bone on 85% of the ribs.

Tom
  • Randy1
    Randy1 Posts: 379
    Options

Sounds great!  I noticed a difference with a rack, so I would recommend it. Maybe get an A+ next time.

Maumelle, Arkansas