Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Demonstration Ontario today Mar. 24th

Squeezy
Squeezy Posts: 1,102
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Our local dealer, Mike's Electric is having a demo day here in beautiful downtown Woodstock, Ontario on Finkle St.

Anyone in the area is invited to check them out and taste some goodies off the egg ....

Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.

Comments

• Tim Brown from the Big Green Egg will put on a great demo like he always does.  I encourage everyone in the area to go out and meet Tim and take a look at the Egg in action.

Marc Cardinali

• gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    With a bit of notice I would have tried to come, as it is I have plans today, they involve working but are plans non the less.

Maybe next time

Gerhard

P.S. I have signed up to attend an Egg Fest in Toronto at the beginning of June 

• Squeezy

Sorry I was late with notice ... my bad!

Gerhard, did you register as a guest or chef?

• AD18
    AD18 Posts: 209
    I live about an hour east of Toronto and didn't know TO had an Eggfest.  $40 each for two people, probably $20-25 for parking, and $30-40 in gas, is it worth it?   Anyone been to the previous ones?  Not being stingee, but if I'm going to fork out $150 or so for the day and it is one or two eggs cooking up burgers no thanks.  Would love to go, but been burned on some of these TO events before.
    Large BGE, Weber 22.5 kettle, Weber Genesis
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • Squeezy
    I have to agree with you AD18, I'm an hour and a half west and I forgot about parking ... ouch!
  • Squeezy
    If anyone that is going needs a 'helper', I'm your man!
  • gerhardk
    We are two hours west of T.O. but enjoy going a few times a year.  We are going to make a weekend of it and spend two nights in the city.  I don't know why you think it will be one or two eggs cooking, it is located in a pretty nice venue.

Gerhard
  • gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    edited March 2012
    I went to the Toronto Eggfest last year and although I live just a bit north of the big smoke It was well worth it.  Was my first fest and am hitting it again this year.  Great location overlooking the harbour.  Got there early in the day and parking was ten bucks.  Lots of cooks, maybe 20?, with everything from desserts, ribs, oysters, mac and cheese, pulled pork...too many to remember as well as great folk to share recipes. I understand the distance and dough thing but I recommend it.

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• gerhardk

Sorry I was late with notice ... my bad!

Gerhard, did you register as a guest or chef?

Guest, I don't want to embarrass myself in front of a bunch of experts.

Gerhard
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Oh, come on!!! I cooked at an eggfest last November and if I can do it anyone can do it.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • AD18
    Sorry Gerhardk, I was being kind of sarcastic.  We have gone to a lot of different food festivals in Toronto and some really sucked.  Hot and Spicy one was the worst.  It had about 10-15 stalls selling sauces and other irrelevant stuff.  Demos were about 5 minutes long and practically useless and practically no actual cooking.  Kind of gun shy dropping $100-200 for a waste of time now days.  If the other posts above say they have a lot of cooks, advise, an overall good experience, and you had fun indeed it may be worth it.  The Taste of the Danforth has set the bar pretty high I guess:)
    Cobourg, Ontario
  • AD18
    Thanks Gabriegger, that is a pretty sound recommendation.  Sounds like it is a relatively large event doing what it is actually intended to do.  Good stuff!!!!!
    Cobourg, Ontario