Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cluck and Squeal for beef

Options
Austin  Egghead
Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hornhonk gave me some of the C&S Moo to try out.  We really liked Version #3, but this final version leaves #3 in the dust.  This is our second cook and the flavors really compliment the beef.  This is a winner. 

Simple mini cook: got the coals hot, rip roaring fire, 3-4 minutes on each side.. 

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Joan have you ever pulled your Woo and fire ring out and put your grill directly on the fire box. Hit hard/fast min max per side. Pull meat and grill. Drop back fire ring and Woo and grill. Add steak back and finish cook?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    Joan that looks very good, got to love that Mini. I am guessing you have two grid lifters, that one sure looks clean. Mine still sets on the outside TV and I only use the old one.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Joan have you ever pulled your Woo and fire ring out and put your grill directly on the fire box. Hit hard/fast min max per side. Pull meat and grill. Drop back fire ring and Woo and grill. Add steak back and finish cook?
    Mickey, I start off with the non seasoned side close to the coals.  When I flip then I add the woo.  This takes the seasoned side out of coals to get kissed by the flames, rather than get burned.  

Joan that looks very good, got to love that Mini. I am guessing you have two grid lifters, that one sure looks clean. Mine still sets on the outside TV and I only use the old one.
    We do love the mini, it is one cooking machine.  I only have one grid lifter, I just keep it wiped down after every use.  When not in use the grid lifter stays in the kitchen. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Mickey
    Options
    Will try that next time. Thanks

• Primeggister1
    Options

Thanks for the review Joan!  I really worked hard on that rub.  I have to stay true to my products focus and to offer a unique flavour. 

Marc