Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Grill Press

CookinupnorthCookinupnorth Posts: 79
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
My 7 yr old got me a grill press for Xmas and wants me to use it!?
Any thoughts or suggestions ?
Thanks
·

Comments

• tjvtjv Posts: 3,331
    couple strips of bacon with brown sugar sprinkled on it........they call it pig candy.......

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
    ·
  • tmackietmackie Posts: 67
    I have a Williams-Sonoma grill press and it comes in handy grilling rib eyes that are under 1.5" thick. They tend to curl up if they're not thick enough. I also use it tailgating when we cook "breakfast" pork chops that are only a half inch thick.

Basically any thin cut of meat....
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Cuban Sandwiches!
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • Thanks guys!
    ·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,980
    I use mine on pork chops so they don't curl. Inside, I've used it on bacon. Looking to see what other ideas people have.

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    Dumb question...Wouldn't a grill press take out the juice by pushing down on the steak or chops?  Guess I'm thinking of it as pushing down on a burger which is a no-no
    ·
  • paulheelspaulheels Posts: 457
    Things that would need a press arenpr
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
    ·
  • paulheelspaulheels Posts: 457
    Fat fingers. Sorry. Are too thin to even worry about juices.

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    Ruben. Rye bread, Pastrami, Russian dressing, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • bsgatorbsgator Posts: 30
    Cuban sandwiches. Great with the press on the egg!
    ·
  • StoaterStoater Posts: 292
    Hi Tmakie,

Coming from blighty I follow a few british chefs, here is a video I watched of Gordon Ramsay cooking a pork chop in a saucepan, he snips the outer edge of fat with scissors to stop it curling, I am sure it would work on the bge for any chop that has a thick rim of fat on it, I don't have my bge yet but soon, very very soon, not soon enough.  Hope this helps:

·
  • Thnks everyone!
    ·