Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

List of hot sauces, which one is your favorite?

2»

Comments

• scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257

Louisiana Gold

Hot Pepper Tennessee Sunshine

Frank's for Hot Wings

Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    I am not a huge hot sauce fan, but I like Franks and Tabasco Chipotle, neither is too hot and I have them on hand for recipes that call for them.  Both of these are a bit on the mild side and that's because I don't want habernero hot sauce in a recipe for my entire family lol.
  • fbama
    fbama Posts: 5
    Frank's, I put that s$!t on everything.
  • chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    I have used Frank's and Crystal before. Still use Frank's. Franks is a lot better between the two. Not even close.
  • Hammond1
    Hammond1 Posts: 31
    All of them.

Always on hand
    -Tabasco Chipotle
    -Tobasco
    - El Yucatan Red & Green
    -Blairs
    -Franks
    -Cholula
    -Crystal
    -Texas Pete
  • Palo Alto Firefighters Pepper sauce
    LET'S EAT
  • TarHeelBBQ
    TarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
    FRANKS!!!

TarHeelBBQ
  • GatoGordo
    GatoGordo Posts: 80
    In our house the staples are Frank's and Tapatio. We do not care for Tabasco, at all, and since it is the standard hot sauce for most restaurants, my wife normally carries a small bottle of Tapatio with her.
    LBGE, Stoker WiFi, UDS, Pit Barrel Cooker
  • fishnerd
    fishnerd Posts: 3
    Sriracha, Franks, and classic Tabasco are great, but my favorite hot sauce is Habanaro Tabasco. Such a good flavor mixed with some pretty intense heat.

Marie Sharp's (Belize) and Walkerswood (Jamaica) sauces are pretty fantastic, too. (if you can find it, grab some banana ketchup for a great topping on jerked meat or including in a tropical themed BBQ sauce)
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I'm telling you guys, you have to try this!

https://dichickos.com/Restaurant.html

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• chrisnjenn
    chrisnjenn Posts: 534
    I was never impressed with Dichikos sauces. They are good, but not anything special IMO. Their little cafe is pretty good though.
  • PaloAlto Firefighters sauce,Chek it out online

LET'S EAT
  • Sriracha hands down.  I put it on everything.  I would bathe in it if I could afford it.  Tapatio is also excellent, and comparatively cheap, but can be a little hard to find on the East Coast sometimes.  Walmart may be carrying it now if I remember correctly. 
  • YukonBill
    YukonBill Posts: 23
    Chalk up another vote for Crystal...hands down my favorite. Tastes great on/in everything.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    I am surprised at all the Crystal support.  I love it for being universal; you can use it on rice, to spice up a sauce, or sprinkle of quesadias.  But I admit it isn't fancy or sexy.  I always have one in my kitchen and my office.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• DevDave
    DevDave Posts: 40
    I too must have Sriracha on everything!! Can't eat pizza without it ;)
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Doc you just make my case on Crystal.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I put Texas Pete on almost everything. Made right here in Winston-Salem, NC.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    I actually collect sauces and have about 100 different bottles. I always buy two, one to use and one to keep. However even with a large selection my go to sauces are Tabasco Chipolte and Franks.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    This month's Cook's Illustrated had a Hot Sauce shootout, thought I'd post the final results here:

Highly Recommended:
    Huy Fong Sriracha Chili Sauce ("rooster" sauce)
    Frank's RedHot

Recommended:
    Original Louisiana Hot Sauce
    Tapatio Salsa Picante
    Texas Pete Hot Sauce
    Valentina Salsa Picante
    El Yucateco Salsa Picante Roja de Chile Habanero

Recommended with Reservations:
    Cholula Hot Sauce

Not Recommended:
    Tabasco 

My own favorite came in at the bottom, but these are the same folks who poo-poo'd the BGE itself... 
    X(

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited April 2012
    Frank's

Gator Hammock 

Sriracha 
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • I use Franks or Texas Pete. The flavor is good and I can use as much as I want without fear of making it too hot to eat.

It kills me that Waffle House only carries Tabasco. I can put that on my eggs and hashbrowns, but I have to use so little of it that I can't spread it enough to get the flavor in every bite.
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012