Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Retailer for Mini BGE

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After reading a neat series of articles by BGE owner David Plotz in Slate Magazine called "An American Barbecue Pilgrimage" (URL attached) and hanging out at this fantastic forum for a while I've decided to start my ceramic grilling experience with a BGE mini. [p]I called barbecues.com where a very polite young lady bent over backwards to answer my questions and find a way to get a mini shipped to me now from their distributor in Texas although at present it's out of stock at their site. Any experience with this company out there? My initial contact was impressive and the price/shipping for the mini BGE are pretty good ($179.96 + $39.99).[p]
[ul][li]An American Barbecue Pilgrimage[/ul]

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Gulfstream, where are you located? Mini's are actually small enough to carry on a plane (I did it once) so getting one to you should not be a biog issue. However, most dealers can get one (even if they don't normally carry it) if you ask.

• Unknown
    Options
    Wise One,[p]I'm in east central Florida. There's a local dealer but they stock only large BGEs, would take 2+ weeks to order mini, and all-things-considered pricing is c. $40 more than web.
  • tn slagamater
    Options
    Gulfstream, be aware that some dealers do not include the dual function top or temp guage.Be sure to ask. The stand for the mini is always extra, not included with the mini. You may want to compare the mini to the small egg which is near the same price and much more versatile than the mini. Both are great cookers !!