Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

simple scampi for tonight

Options
Crab leg
Crab leg Posts: 291
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Someone posted a simple scampi recipe, but I lost it. I have about 1 1/2 lbs of nice shimps that I need to cook tonight. Any idears will be appreciated, and quick please, I am gonna get out of here early today. Thanks.
Seth

Comments

• egghead2004
    egghead2004 Posts: 430
    Options
    Crab leg,
    1/2 head of fresh garlic
    fresh basil leaves
    1/2 cupwhite wine, prefer pinot grigio
    EVOO and butter
    fresh diced tomatoes
    shrimp
    S&P[p]-get egg up to 375 degrees, low grid, direct, hicjory or apple smoke...plenty of it too.
    -peel shrimp, place in smoe type of cookware to put in the egg, I use a collander.
    -Add half of the garlic to the shrimp with EVOO and toss to spread around.
    -if you can, save the juice from the shrimp when you peeled them, it will be added to the scampi later
    -boil water for pasta with salt
    -1/2 stick of butter and 1/4 cup EVOO in skillet
    -add the rest of the garlic to the skillet.
    -meanwhile put the shrimp on the egg, over DRY smoking wood. let the flames reach the colender and stir ever few seconds for a minute or 2, then close the lid and the vents way down for smoke...
    -return to sauce, add several chopped basil leaves, stir
    -add wine, stir
    -return to grill after 4-5 minutes, open lid carefully...beware of flashback. Open up bottom vent to get fire ignited to cook shrimp some more...stir, they should be gettin a little pink by now. Close lid and close the vent almost all the way again for more smoke
    -rreturn to sauce, add dices tomatoes, stirring to keep anything from burning. season to taste and remove from heat[p]-go get the shrimp! As soon as they all turn pink, just pink get them out. place into a casseraloe dish and pour scampi sauce over them. [p]-serve over favorite pasta[p]
    questions?[p]

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Crab leg,
    is this the one your looking for

[ul][li]scampi[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it