Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The new PS Woo

ShaneF
ShaneF Posts: 26
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

After days of flip flopping between the plate setter and the Woo3, I have finally decided  on the Woo3 combo(once the oval stones are in).  It's only the wife and I and maybe a couple guests so I think the Woo3 would work great for Roasting/Smoking and the extender allows the ability to throw some Jalapeno poppers or asparagus above the meat.  Well that was easy, or was it...  Now I see where Tom from CGS posted "The 16.5 round grid is approx. 6 weeks out as it has been on hold for a good reason - will be an accessory to the new large Woo Ring - PS Woo. I"ll have the new PS Woo at Salado if anyone wants to play with it....." 

What is this PS Woo?    Did anyone see it at Salado?  Pictures?  I just want to make sure that I am not going to pull the trigger on the Woo3 and the next day a new and improved versions comes out.

Thanks,

Shane

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2012
    Call Tom and he will tell/show you all. I just did not pay any attition at Salado as I have my adj rig for the Large and all the toys for it that I think I need. Still looking for more Mini toys........
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    The PS Woo is the latest Woo Ring.  Noteworthy upgrades are:  (1)  Has handles to help lift it out of the cooker.  Egg grid slips over handles.  (2) It works with the platesetter, so makes handling the platesetter easier.  Lift the entire unit out by the handles.  (3) You can change from direct and indirect during a cook by sliding the platesetter out the side, no need to touch the grid;  (4) It comes with or without the lower spider ring option, searing and setting up indirect for two grid cook; and (5) wok in it.  We like this design so much, it's patent pending.  Couple pics below. 

As pictured above, our 16.5 grid shrunk to 16.375 inch dia., so it fits inside the rig for another level.   

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • ShaneF
    ShaneF Posts: 26
    Thanks Tom! I like the handles.

Any update on the ETA of the oval stones?

Shane
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    Nice design Tom.  The handles are a big plus IMO.  Looks like these same ideas would work on the XL woo...  Any thoughts on that?
  • Mickey
    edited March 2012
    Now that Tom is an OWNER of a MINI we may see more toys I hope. Have you used it yet Tom?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited March 2012

I am an idiot.

I am an idiot.

I am an idiot. I just hope this is what old age is not all about. You would think you could do a post right. No disparaging  remarks directed to or inferred to Village Idiot in the making of this statement.

• Tom, could you show a pic of a wok in the PS Woo?  Not sure how it would hold it since there is no bottom ring.  I was just about to order a Woo 3 & wok from you but thinking of waiting now.
  • GGrillin'
    GGrillin' Posts: 64
    Dang! I already have a Woo2 and Woo3. I will probably get this one as well...

It's only money, right?
    Gil Gowing 
    Clermont, FL
    Large BGE - MiniMax BGE
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    I want it for the xl
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    @Tom, its a great looking product. Just as a heads up all the click able links on the top of the PS woo page bring up Woo3 pages.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    tazcrash,  thanks on the link.  They should be fixed now. 

cowdogs,  I'm working on the XL version now.  Issue is minimizing the weight to lift and grid height when used in conjunction with the XL Rig. 

Yellowdogbbq,  I'll get a pic today or tomorrow with a wok.  Basically wok sits against/inside the three indented half circles on the PS Woo's base ring.  

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Where can I find these?
    Are they avail. for Medium BGEs?
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    That is a great design Tom. Especially for those of us with a platesetter. Late April? Cost? I am also interested in the wok pic. I have a 14 inch wok I've been using, will it reach those rings?
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    I too am interested in Medium availability. I don't have a PS but I would be interested for wok application.
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Sorry, no edit button. I was asking about the large.
    Geaux Tigers!!!