Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Persuading the wife

13»

Comments

• Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    i have a good wife. harley and egg too 
    Mine must be really good...I have two of each. :))
    Hopefully you're referring to Eggs!
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • Tell her that you've changed your mind about the one thing you really want for your birthday this year only, you'd rather have a BGE. ; )  If your wife is like mine, she'll laugh and you'll get both.
    Adam
  • I understand all the egg language, but, Wife?? What`s that???

Felipe
    Men, easier fed than understood!!
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
     Wife?? What`s that???

Felipe
    Someone that picks up after you.

Gerhard
  • FMFM
    FMFM Posts: 3

To MeAndTheDog,

Trust both your wife and the BGE...you just can't go wrong either way. Enjoy!
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    how about doing what a man would do? Walk in the door and say: "Hi hon. I bought a grill."
    hahaha

It's worked for me four times!  :D  Although the last one (mini) was sitting in the kitchen when she got home.  She just shook her head and walked right by.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • burr_baby33
    burr_baby33 Posts: 503
    When I bought my last striper boat, I added the best radio, GPS,downriggers, troll motor, new rods, new reels, everything...the best.  Then I came home and told my wife I was sure that after all the years of marriage, she would want me to have it.  All I got was a blank stare.  Now I'm pretty sure I should have used Mickey's Harley brochure strategy.
  • scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    Tell her you want to help her with the cooking.
  • Try having your deck catch on fire with a cheap smoker the wind blew over, that was a no brainer for my wife.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Didn't read all the posts but you should take into account that your order in/restaurant bills zero out. I used to spend a ton eating out, now I just go to my local Indian place once a week. When I get a little better at that it will be gone too.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mine must be really good...I have two of each. :))
    You have a really good wife AND a really good job :))

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Lasts longer than a lifetime...
    True. But, you shouldn't say "It lasts longer than marriage." But, if you do, you'll also get to say "I told you so."
    I finally took the plunge and bought my large Big Green Easter Egg from Roswell Hardware in Roswell, GA 03/31/2012
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Tell her it will free up the oven on thanksgiving and you'll cook this year's turkey.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Do what I did. Say you were torn between an egg and some other large purchase and decided to go with the egg becouse it benfited everyone and promoted family time. And since eating healthy is so important you really NEED an egg becouse you can't put a price on health.

After saying all that, look at her like you expect an ata boy for being so thoughtful and selfless. After all, you are only getting the egg to help the family.
    So funny! That's exactly how I justified it to my wife. Great minds, and stomachs, do think alike!