Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Muffin Pan Meatloaf

XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 204
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

I had thrown this recipe up on the meatloaf thread. Here is the pic.image

Takes a little time to prep,but worth it .

More meat please !! :-)
·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,444
    That's a keeper! Mind sharing the recipe?? Wow.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Please!!!!!!
    LET'S EAT
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,467
    What Flamethrower said :)]
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    edited March 2012
    Very interesting ex....how about posting the recipe so we can highjack it!,,,keep on eggin
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 204
    I use a regular large muffin X 6 pan. mine has hole a drilled through the bottoms of each pan to help remove the meat. Take 1/3 cup of whatever the meatloaf is that night and put  it into each of the pans. Flatten meat into pans evenly.  Add cheese of choice. I have gone from fresh mozz, to sliced chedder. Add another 1/3 cup of meat. This will usually fill the rest of the pan pretty full. Try to seal the cheese in when you flatten the last 1/3 cup. Flip pan over onto a cookie sheet. Wrap each meatloaf with one slice of thick cut bacon. The bacon will help hold in the cheese. I go 400* indirect, on a raised fish grid. When the bacon looks like it is almost done I close down the egg and dwell until sizzling stops. remove , set five min, serve.  I find that 85 / 15 is great for grilled meatloaves.
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,444
    Thanks X. Short list.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 979

saved this one for the favorites.  I might make up a batch, and then freeze them in two packs for the wife and I. cook as needed.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,572
    Wow! Little mounds of perfection. The recipe goes on the most definitely to do list. Thanx.
    ·
  • I use a regular large muffin X 6 pan. mine has hole a drilled through the bottoms of each pan to help remove the meat. Take 1/3 cup of whatever the meatloaf is that night and put  it into each of the pans. Flatten meat into pans evenly.  Add cheese of choice. I have gone from fresh mozz, to sliced chedder. Add another 1/3 cup of meat. This will usually fill the rest of the pan pretty full. Try to seal the cheese in when you flatten the last 1/3 cup. Flip pan over onto a cookie sheet. Wrap each meatloaf with one slice of thick cut bacon. The bacon will help hold in the cheese. I go 400* indirect, on a raised fish grid. When the bacon looks like it is almost done I close down the egg and dwell until sizzling stops. remove , set five min, serve.  I find that 85 / 15 is great for grilled meatloaves.

·