Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Muffin Pan Meatloaf

XLentEGG
XLentEGG Posts: 436
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

I had thrown this recipe up on the meatloaf thread. Here is the pic.image

Takes a little time to prep,but worth it .

More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    That's a keeper! Mind sharing the recipe?? Wow.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Please!!!!!!
    LET'S EAT
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    What Flamethrower said :)]
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    edited March 2012
    Very interesting ex....how about posting the recipe so we can highjack it!,,,keep on eggin
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • XLentEGG
    XLentEGG Posts: 436
    I use a regular large muffin X 6 pan. mine has hole a drilled through the bottoms of each pan to help remove the meat. Take 1/3 cup of whatever the meatloaf is that night and put  it into each of the pans. Flatten meat into pans evenly.  Add cheese of choice. I have gone from fresh mozz, to sliced chedder. Add another 1/3 cup of meat. This will usually fill the rest of the pan pretty full. Try to seal the cheese in when you flatten the last 1/3 cup. Flip pan over onto a cookie sheet. Wrap each meatloaf with one slice of thick cut bacon. The bacon will help hold in the cheese. I go 400* indirect, on a raised fish grid. When the bacon looks like it is almost done I close down the egg and dwell until sizzling stops. remove , set five min, serve.  I find that 85 / 15 is great for grilled meatloaves.
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Thanks X. Short list.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990

saved this one for the favorites.  I might make up a batch, and then freeze them in two packs for the wife and I. cook as needed.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Wow! Little mounds of perfection. The recipe goes on the most definitely to do list. Thanx.
  • I use a regular large muffin X 6 pan. mine has hole a drilled through the bottoms of each pan to help remove the meat. Take 1/3 cup of whatever the meatloaf is that night and put  it into each of the pans. Flatten meat into pans evenly.  Add cheese of choice. I have gone from fresh mozz, to sliced chedder. Add another 1/3 cup of meat. This will usually fill the rest of the pan pretty full. Try to seal the cheese in when you flatten the last 1/3 cup. Flip pan over onto a cookie sheet. Wrap each meatloaf with one slice of thick cut bacon. The bacon will help hold in the cheese. I go 400* indirect, on a raised fish grid. When the bacon looks like it is almost done I close down the egg and dwell until sizzling stops. remove , set five min, serve.  I find that 85 / 15 is great for grilled meatloaves.