Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thank you from Salado

Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Guys & Ladies I would like to thank each one of you for coming out to Salado Friday and all day Saturday.
This would be just me with my Egg and a beer without you coming and cooking. I had a ball and hope you did as well. I would like to thank Judy (Spring Hen) and Leroy (Spring Chicken) without their help this could not be pulled off. Russ from Keith's Ace Hardware for all the heavy lifting and all the Eggs and one of the gift Minis. Also to Greg and Chris from Paragon Distributing for three of the gift Minis. Once more the biggest thanks to all who came and made this what is was.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    AND we all thank you, Mickey.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    thanks, Mickey for  all you do......great fest,  I dig the mini too.  

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • eggnited
    eggnited Posts: 94
    Yes...thank you Mickey....and all the others involved. It was a great day!
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Thanks a bunch Mickey! This was my 1st Fest and it was a great 1st impression. Everyone was super nice and the food was awesome!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    edited March 2012
    I just fired up our new mini about that we won yesterday at Salado about an hour ago for the first time. The mini sips lump compared the large BGE. Comes up to temp in a hurry too. Ordering a mini woo tonight for the mini. Using lots of the goodies we took home yesterday. Thanks for everything Mickey. 

Leroy, aka Spring Chicken thanks for the mini tutorial yesterday. I have already sketched plans for a mini cradle. 

I presented Spring Chicken with an honorarium of a plate of grilled chicken feet for his great work on the Salado blog. Leroy was very skeptical about the feet! He told me later that the plate was empty. I didn't mention to him that in Mexico grilled chicken feet are sold as street food.

1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Mickey
    I just fired up our new mini about that we won yesterday at Salado about an hour ago for the first time. The mini sips lump compared the large BGE. Comes up to temp in a hurry too. Ordering a mini woo tonight for the mini. Using lots of the goodies we took home yesterday. Thanks for everything Mickey.

I won my first Mini in Plano. The ones won just cook better $-)
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Guys & Ladies I would like to thank each one of you for coming out to Salado Friday and all day Saturday.
    This would be just me with my Egg and a beer without you coming and cooking. I had a ball and hope you did as well. I would like to thank Judy (Spring Hen) and Leroy (Spring Chicken) without their help this could not be pulled off. Russ from Keith's Ace Hardware for all the heavy lifting and all the Eggs and one of the gift Minis. Also to Greg and Chris from Paragon Distributing for three of the gift Minis. Once more the biggest thanks to all who came and made this what is was.
    It sounds like you guys had a great fest Mickey.  I would have loved to come down, but with my Africa trip and some other commitments coming up I just couldn't afford to take any more time off from work.  I  have talked with my wife and we have decided to skip Eggtoberfest in Atlanta this year and do our best to hit Salado next spring.  I hope you will have enough room for another cook.  

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    Mike I just made room.

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Great, but I ain't wear'in a kilt! :D

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE