Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much did you pay for your Big Green Egg ?

Comments

• Chris88
    Chris88 Posts: 41
    I paid right at $1000 for a large with ash and grate tool. Big bag of BGE of coal. And a plate sweater.
    Egg head in Louisiana.
  • Trip
    Trip Posts: 27
    Bought the first 2 off of CL and paid 150 for a medium with a nest & 400 for large with a table. My wife bought me a new mini last year for 300 which we use 90% of the time.
  • Ace hardware in Houston has 20% off everything till April 15.

• XL with nest and plate Setter $1,010 Atlanta Ga
  • Used Medium with shelves and nest on Craig's list. $475.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    I got my large from a buddy for $700 new (he won it and never used it). Came w/ nest, shelves, cover, lump, plate setter, ash tool and electric starter.
  • First post!

Just bought my Large Egg from a local dealer for $750.  I'll be building my own table - so only ordered the egg and a couple of egg-cessories.  Calling around saved me $100.

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Welcome ttime4four,
    I can see we share at least 2 hobbies.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Northern1
    Northern1 Posts: 19
    $1100.00 for a large BGE in Edmonton Alberta. $350.00 for nest and side shelves for a total $1450.00 plus 5% sales tax!
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    $1100.00 for a large BGE in Edmonton Alberta. $350.00 for nest and side shelves for a total $1450.00 plus 5% sales tax!
    Wow... Y'all Canucks are getting robbed eh?

You guys need to band together and create your own "Ceramic Komodo Cooker", you'd be bazillionaries!
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • SandBilly
    SandBilly Posts: 227
    It's brazillion, not bazillion..just fyi. ;)
  • OK finsihed the next in Salado...stepped up to the large from the medium so now i have a XL, LG and a MINI...The lg ran $745 at the fest so now im in for near $2400 :) 

I just let my wife nknow that we need some accessories...ahh the price of tea just keeps going up...

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• $950 Australian Dollars... and mine was a demo.  It was the last one Barbecues Galore had.  They were then discontinued.  Although I paid through the a$$ for it, I haven't regretted owning it for one second.
  • That's not bad Mate! They are 2K euro in europe and 1,299 Cdn with a dollar above pasr with the US

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited December 2012
    MBGE(medium), $599+8.7% sales tax, Bellingham Washington. Same Egg in the GWN was $900+12%BC, HST. When I bought, 1 Loonie=1 Greenback. 

If border services had charged me HST (no duty on eggs, they come from USA or Mexico all part of NAFTA) it would have been about $80 (12% of the tax in US price of $650) for a total of $730 - still some $280 less than Canadian price. 

No wonder so many of my friends have Primos. 

@peterp2 No I don't work, I'm retired, I have no idea what excuse all these other guys have.....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Skiddy - you're retired?  I wish I could retire.  21 years at the same firm.....if it was a gov-ment jerb, I'd be eligible.
    I stole my neighbors....free. Just have to cook on the down low.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Ha, I have 35 in the same job and no way I could retire

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Nola, yep, I have arrived at the promised land - but I will warn you it's not always all it's cracked up to be, don't go wishing your life away. Ten years ago took a package when I was 52, the "company" bridged service so my pension did not take a hit. Along with our own investments, life is good. 
    GTE (now Verizon) pension keeps indexing due to the profit from cell phones, help me out, quick text somebody...... 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  •  LBGE, nest with stock shelves, platesetter, ash tool, starters, and a bag of lump for about $1,000 out the door. as well
  • nolaegghead
    I'm helping ya out, skiddy, with all this money I pay to Verizon.  Next anything is on me.
    Plate Setter - $78.00
    Cast Iron Grd-$65.00
    13% Tax    - $180.00
                      =======
                      $1563.00

Dealer threw in 1 bag BGE Lump ($30.00 reg), 3 boxes of BGE Lump starter ($8.00 reg) and a 10% off on all BGE Lump purchased during the rest of 2012.

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• He couldn't have helped you out with a pizza stone?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    With plate setter, bag-o-lump and tax, our LBGE was around $900. 
    $1400 for my XL with nest, egg mates, plate setter, delivered and assembled.
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
  • LBGE        -$1100.00
    Nest           -$140.00
    Plate Setter - $78.00
    Cast Iron Grd-$65.00
    13% Tax    - $180.00
                      =======
                      $1563.00

Dealer threw in 1 bag BGE Lump ($30.00 reg), 3 boxes of BGE Lump starter ($8.00 reg) and a 10% off on all BGE Lump purchased during the rest of 2012.
    The last one I bought was for my business partner's daughter as a wedding gift. My butcher sells them and I offered him $1,100 for the egg, platesetter, pizza stone, nest and two bags of Maple Leaf. I told him another dealer would take the deal, which was true, and that I wasn't looking for a favour and didn't want him to do it if he didn't make anything. He said it was fine.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• He couldn't have helped you out with a pizza stone?
    Hell no! But he did deliver it.............. all the way out to the parking lot. Had to get my neighbor to help get it off the back of the truck

1 large BGE, 2 small BGE, 3 Plate setters, 1 large cast iron grid, 1 pizza stone, 1 Stoker II Wifi, 1 BBQ Guru Digi-Q II, 1 Amaze N pellet smoker and 1 empty wallet.      Seaforth, On. Ca.

• misu
    misu Posts: 213
    I don't remember exactly but I told them it's for my dad, I don't know anything about it and I had about $100 less cash in hand and they took it :)
  • $1K for an XL with nest and wings, and a big discount coupon for meat.  No one can beat Wassi's Meat in Melbourne Florida.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Ha, I have 35 in the same job and no way I could retire
    I've been on vacation since the start of Nov. until end of year. Then I'm retired.