Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

wishing Salado well....

2»

Comments

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929

First oyster???
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Yep!  To be honest, they always kind of scared me.  I wasn't brave enough to try a raw one, but I saw several lil girls tossing em back.  =D>
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Who won the eggs???
    • Tom from Ceramic Grill Store
    • A very nice guy they called Santa (wearing a Santa hat)
    • A cook...I think the ones who did the asian country ribs
    • Some lady attending...I believe a non-egg head
    Wish I knew all the names...sorry.  I must say that the packages they put together were great.  I'm very jealous I didn't win one.

We won one of the mini's and bunch of other stuff today. I was the cook doing the ribs, started prepping them a couple of days ago. Had a great time in Salado. The mini will join the large on the porch. Got some great ideas from Spring Chicken about tweaking the mini. See yall in Athens and at Lake Travis.
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • cazzy
    @egger ave  Congrats and your ribs were excellent!  Definitely nomnom worthy. :)
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I will tell you this --- there were at least two expert Eggheads at Salado.  Travis and Cazzy.  Cazzy's Teriyaki Orange Chicken Wings were to die for, and although I don't eat oysters, Travis had them lined up around the corner wanting his prepared oysters.  It was fun meeting them, along with Boatbum and the others.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    I will tell you this --- there were at least two expert Eggheads at Salado.  Travis and Cazzy.  Cazzy's Teriyaki Orange Chicken Wings were to die for, and although I don't eat oysters, Travis had them lined up around the corner wanting his prepared oysters.  It was fun meeting them, along with Boatbum and the others.

Since I am NOT an oyster person - no personal experience with Travis's cook.   I did hit cazzy's wings ( a couple of times )  those were huge crazy good.

Got to watch VI up close on the WOK - the sample and watching him cook - sold Mrs Boatbum on us getting a wok for the egg ( I was already sold on the idea ).

Thanks for the lesson VI.

Cookin in Texas
  • cazzy
    Thanks Gary! It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife! From the crab rangoons to the fried wontons to the Kung Pao Shrimp to the Pepper Steak....all were superb and well thought out.

I was envious of your organization skills and im sure that attributed to your flawless execution. You definitely inspired me to not be a 1 trick pony my next Fest.
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    Who won the eggs???
    • Tom from Ceramic Grill Store
    • A very nice guy they called Santa (wearing a Santa hat)
    • A cook...I think the ones who did the asian country ribs
    • Some lady attending...I believe a non-egg head
    Wish I knew all the names...sorry.  I must say that the packages they put together were great.  I'm very jealous I didn't win one.

The last one is Loretta Goss. I was good friends with her and her hubby DJ when I lived in San Antonio. I convinced her hubby to preorder a demo from the Eggfest, so they ended up going home with a large and a mini. He called me yesterday and told me what a fabulous time they had.

They may have been non egg-heads when they got there, but they are now:)

Well done to all of you guys for putting on an excellent fest. Wish I could have made it.

Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Sounds like it was a good time by all.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Thanks Gary! It was a pleasure meeting you and your wife! From the crab rangoons to the fried wontons to the Kung Pao Shrimp to the Pepper Steak....all were superb and well thought out.

At seems 8:30a.m. Sat morning I was eating crab rangoons. They were very good.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669

Lots of prep went into Cazzy's wings and they twisted like it. Travis called his Daddy ( now my best new friend) and put on a show Fri night and Sat. I am embarrassed to say but my family must have eaten 3/4 of that bag. People were looking for the Stricklands Sat night.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.