Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Short Notice Cook

Options
Doc_Eggerton
Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
edited March 2012 in Baking
My daughter and her fiancee showed up at the door, and reminded me that he could not eat the chicken I had planned, as it was Lent.  They went out to the store and returned with a piece of salmon and some asparagus.  I had just finished left overs and settled into the recliner.

OK let's start a cook!  Never did asparagus before, so we're guessing.

Did the salmon with some rub I had, and skin side down (skin removed) at 350 for 10 minutes, then added the asparagus.  Cooked another 5 minutes and flipped the fish.  As long as the asparagus was up I stirred it around.

The fish was not as done as I expected so I made sure the temp got up to 400 and I gave it another 10 minutes, then flipped and stirred, and another 5 minutes before it came off.

The asparagus was marinated for about 30 minutes in soy sauce, water, sea salt and garlic.

The fish was as expected, but I am happy to say the asparagus was delicious.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

Comments

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    I have decided I like my Salmon a bit more medium than well done. Hope it was as good as it looks.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    We smoke salmon every couple of weeks, and that is gently cooked, but for a grill I like to have some crispy on the surface.  The asparagus was really good.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys