Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Short Notice Cook

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 3,570
edited March 2012 in Baking
My daughter and her fiancee showed up at the door, and reminded me that he could not eat the chicken I had planned, as it was Lent.  They went out to the store and returned with a piece of salmon and some asparagus.  I had just finished left overs and settled into the recliner.

OK let's start a cook!  Never did asparagus before, so we're guessing.

Did the salmon with some rub I had, and skin side down (skin removed) at 350 for 10 minutes, then added the asparagus.  Cooked another 5 minutes and flipped the fish.  As long as the asparagus was up I stirred it around.

The fish was not as done as I expected so I made sure the temp got up to 400 and I gave it another 10 minutes, then flipped and stirred, and another 5 minutes before it came off.

The asparagus was marinated for about 30 minutes in soy sauce, water, sea salt and garlic.

The fish was as expected, but I am happy to say the asparagus was delicious.

Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

Comments