Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Trying to prepare my Wok for Seasoning

NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I am trying to prepare my Wok for seasoning today and its proving to be a little tricky. There was a sticker on my Wok that I got from the Wok Shop that said to fill with water and 2 T baking soda, then boil for 5-10 minutes. I tried boiling and after 45 minutes I could only get the water up to about 170 degrees. This was on my stove top. It was very awkward and I started getting nervous with my daughter running around me in the kitchen with a Wok of semi boiling water. Can I just scrub with green/yellow sponge with soap and water, and then proceed with seasoning like most youtube videos say or is mine different?
Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!

Comments