Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

looking for customer service

fastfeasts
fastfeasts Posts: 4
edited March 2012 in Root
well, had the extra large egg and table delivered Tues evening...short a couple of things and old style handle...called the next a.m. and said were missing and someone was going to drop off and change out handle in the afternoon...nadda...left messages on store machine before closing on their line and on corporate line...nada at almost noon today on Thurs....not sure why should keep egg now.  Also, why would a store have a message to sign up for a January academy cooking class for Super Bowl cooking parties still on the machine?  Please someone explain this to me...

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    im not really familiar with xl eggs but if i found thet my handle was old style i would wonder about the hinge as well as the dome shape. if you posted pics maybe those that have xl eggs could tell you if its just the handle
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • walleyv
    walleyv Posts: 147

Some stores are just plain lazy when it comes to changing things like on hold messages and signage.  There is no excuse for poor customer service.  When you say corporate do you mean Big Green Egg corporate?  I've not heard of anyone having trouble getting in touch with the main office.

• Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    edited March 2012

Welcome to the board.
    I was at the FL eggfest last weekend, and nopticed that most of the brand new XLs had the old style handle.  The larges seemed to be 50% old and 50% new.  So the switch to the newer style is in-progress.
    I don't know that I would return a new egg over a slightly different handle.

• centex99
    centex99 Posts: 231
    Whats the difference in the handle?  Can someone post pics of the old vs the new...
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053

The new large handles look like this...image

• Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    edited March 2012

Just kidding this was the new large they had at eggtoberfest but not sure if this was the final.image