Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Tenderloins (with pics)

centex99centex99 Posts: 231
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooked some pork tenderloin on the new to me egg tonight... 4 cook to date... came out good, didn't pull as soon as I should...
One just dusted in rub, the other was filled with roasted red pepper, pesto, garlic, prosciutto, and provolone...
Also roasted some potatoes in the oven... (just salt, pepper, garlic, onion, potatoes and lots of butter)

·

Comments

• ronthorontho Posts: 108
    I'd get a higher fence and a pit bull. Looks awesome, did the same thing last night (just a basic rub though) Great job. 
    ·
  • EddieK76EddieK76 Posts: 415
    The stuffed tenderloin looks fabulous!
    ·
  • centex99centex99 Posts: 231
    Why the fence/pitbull?  To keep my egg safe? :)
    Not a bad idea... biggest problem is my yard is sloped down to where the fence is...
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,502
    That looks great. I tried to make the stuffed tenderloin the other night and all my provolone melted and leaked out. Did you only put it in the middle section? That may be the difference.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,156
    Very nice cook.  I frequently buy pork loin and cut into chops.  If you like marinade I would suggest you try Dichickos garlic.
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
    I put very little cheese only in the near center and with procutto on both sides of it... I've had plenty of stuffed occasions where the cheese gets out and all over...
    ·
  • smokesniffersmokesniffer Posts: 1,695
    What is the best way to stuff the loin? How did you cut it?  Do you cut a V out of the loin and then you have room for the stuffing?It looks amazing.
    ·
    I just cut into it circling around to get it even thickness... then once its fairly flat and layed out I put stuff in the center and then roll it back up and stick it with tooth picks.. I'll take pictures next time of the rest of the process..
    ·
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,502
    Great idea on the cheese. Thanks for the tip.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,834
    Yours looks good. People forget about pork tenderloins for a quick night meal. They don't take anytime to fix and so good.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • thebtlsthebtls Posts: 2,300
    Very Nice Mickey
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,834

Centex99 what city do you live in?

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,715

Centex99 what city do you live in?

Yea really. I'm coming over for supper.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
    I live in McKinney... cooked hamburgers on the egg tonight, they were great!
    ·
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273

Looks very good - how long did you cook the tenderloins?   Thinking I will do that for some guests coming over on Sunday - trying to plan out my times.

Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • Austin  EggheadAustin Egghead Posts: 3,289
    centex99 what did you use to stuff the tenderloins?  They look delicious and perfectly cooked.  
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
    ·

stuff ingredients are listed above, plus salt/pepper/italian seasoning on the inside before stuffing...

I overcooked them a bit, but wanted them to brown up... they shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so... just cook to 140-150 or so and let them rest...

·