Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Village Idiot will make Salado

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Village Idiot will make Salado with Wok's blazing. Thank you Gary. It just pushed Salado over the top as the Fest to be.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Gary, for you, I will make my special oyster dipping "juice". It's wine vinegar, black pepper and shallots. Be careful, if you get any on your face, your tongue will black your eyes trying to get at it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I want to go, why do I live in the Northeast?
  • Mickey
    Options
    I want to go, why do I live in the Northeast?
    Think Southwest Air.....
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Can I get a ticket for my XL to sit next to me?   Wife would have me sent away for sure.  VI, glad you are going my man, enjoy.  And if any baloney eater has a problem, I will come to the next one and we put a beatin on him/her...
  • Mickey
    edited March 2012
    Options

Tweev I did invite you once and that is still open. If the words "get a rope" come up......... Just kidding Tweev. You do have an open invatation Sir. This is Texas and Pointy Boots is still the Gov.

• NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    Good deal!! I know VI wanted to go real bad. That's just damn sweet that he will make it! Wok Em' Hell VI!!!!!!
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    Crap. Does that mean I have to go now?!?! :)
    Tweeve, as I told Mickey, Pam will be coming with me, and woe be to anybody that makes her mad.  Don't ask me how I know.

Tweeve, consider yourself in protective custody.  You will be safe, my friend.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• sancho65
    sancho65 Posts: 226
    Options
    Oh Yeah!! Now the party is back on!!!!
    XL, Large, 2 Small's and Mini BGE Arlington Texas
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Hey VI, glad you will get to shine those wok skills. Someone video this please.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Hey VI, glad you will get to shine those wok skills. Someone video this please.
    lol. No pressure on me at all, right Taz?    :((

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Mickey
    Options

Gary I have two un-opened packages (that will stay that way) I will give you when I see you.

• Village Idiot
    edited March 2012
    Options
    Open them Mickey.  You need to get yours out.

Damn. I have trouble with this quote function.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Options
    Lol. Wow I don't remember saying any of that. Way to pick on the rookie. ;)
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Lol. Wow I don't remember saying any of that. Way to pick on the rookie. ;)
    hahahaha. No, Taz.  I was trying to respond to Mickey, and somehow your quote entered the scene.  I'm not very technical. :(

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    I look forward to watching your Wok Event!!!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Gary,

Really happy you are making it to salado, looking forward to meeting. Rock on eggers.......
    Cookin in Texas
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options

Just a few more tweeks to my new bike and I will be leaving in the morning. First ride of the year and it's 1300 miles. I bet I will be feeling good.... not.

I look forward to meeting everyone. Unless it's raining a lot.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• Flamethrower
    Options

Be safe Bigguy.Ride like ya stole it!!!!!!!

LET'S EAT
  • eggnited
    eggnited Posts: 94
    Options
    Great news ...looking forward to some wok action and meeting the real VIllage Idiot in person! LOL

Really looking forward to meeting all  the regulars here that will be in Salado. I've managed to secure an early release from work..should be able to arrive before noon!
    :-bd
  • eggnited
    edited March 2012
    Options
    PS... kind of wondering what to expect in the way of vendors at Eggfest. Do several vendors show up selling things....like seasoning and rubs...accessories....do people bring used gear to sell or is this pretty much a social gathering with minimal stuff? Kind of wondering if I could score a cover for my new egg....but used. Maybe there's someone that left the nest and went to a table?  And...would be curious to see things in person...like the woos and adjustable rigs and any other toys that people recommend.
  • Mickey
    Options

eggnited: You will find Tom (TJV) with his woos and adjustable rigs and all New Large Woo (just out). Mike (LawnRanger)with grid lifters. Nancy with her High Que Fire Grates. Scott with Carten (holder for Small or Mini Eggs). Then Keith's Ace Hardware make a very big order of All Things Egg to have for sale. All items are new, we talked about the used table but never happened. I do not see a problem just putting it out there on a new post what you are looking for (I just go by the rule that asking forgiveness is better on things like this). Now on Tom and Mike they will not have a big display but come find me and I will get you to them. They just don't go into big displays. But Tom will have some stuff with him and can talk to you and order anything.

• eggnited
    Options
    Very cool! Okay...I will probably be easily talked into a purchase from Tom...just need to see some of the equipment in action and figure out what I will actually need/use. I will find you Mickey....thanks!
  • hornhonk
    hornhonk Posts: 3,841
    Options
    Cluck and Squeal rub will be sold at the fest.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Cluck and Squeal rub will be sold at the fest.
    I do want to buy a bottle of that.  I've read good things about it.

Dripping Springs, Texas.