Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Where do you do your Egging?

13»

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,841
    Oh yeah that my Chinese Shar pei, Clemmie. She eggs with me all the time.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 990
    Plain but functional
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,656

Patio cover opens to allow the smoke out.

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    That is a sh$tload of grills!
    Mark Annville, PA
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    @R2Egg2Q

Thanks for posting that. I showed my wife. Shes always telling me I have too many grills.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,656
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, I have an addiction...

It's getting a little crowded out there.  I've been thinking about cleaning up & selling the big gasser as it pretty much only gets used for storage, lighting chimneys, and burning off cooking grates. |
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • bboulierbboulier Posts: 530
    Fortunately, the Egg is out of danger from flying horseshoes.  You can see the post in the nearest pit over the top of the egg.
    Weber Kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, Medium Egg, KJ Classic (Black)
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,049
    My XL is on the deck overlooking the patio and pond.imageimageimageimage

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Holy cow....I now have some SERIOUS patio/deck envy!
  • SandBillySandBilly Posts: 227
    edited March 2012
    Yep,Some Decks are bigger than others...
  • maxPowersmaxPowers Posts: 38
    @dlk, what are those stairs coming out of the pond?  I love the design!
    Thanks - the lovely lady of the house wanted to be able to wade in the pond so we put in the seat with steps down to the bottom.  It's only 24 inches deep.

Waunakee, WI

• maxPowersmaxPowers Posts: 38
    I would think that wading in the pond might be a little bit dangerous with that alligator lurking around!
    It only eats unruly children.

Waunakee, WI

• Double BogeyDouble Bogey Posts: 627
    edited March 2012
    I hang out here whenever I can.  I still need to get something to give shade and protection from the rain--It's been three years since I started and still thinking about it.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,476
    edited March 2012

This is where I egg and where I am most of the time I'm out egging.  I have no clue if this is going to work but I gave it a try.  Big sirloin tip roast to be sliced for sandwiches. 

OH MY!!!!!  It worked.  And who said you couldn't teach and old girl new tricks???

Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Smoker_GuruSmoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Looks like a nice place to do some egging!!
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    hahahaha.  Another obvious Florida patio.  Nice tub too !

Just how big are your skeeters, anyway?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• <dlk7> "Yeah, I've got a pool, got a pool and a pond, pond would be good for you." <dlk7>

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,476
    edited March 2012
    SG, thank you, if i'm not in the kitchen i'm on the patio even in the heat of the summer. I don't like cold. We do enjoy the patio.

VI, skeeters? What skeeters? I don't have to shovel them and the screen works very well.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • joe@bgejoe@bge Posts: 394
    @dlk7 - very nice setup! Very jealous.

• eggoeggo Posts: 492
    edited March 2012
    My deck is so small, I'm ashamed to show it to anyone.( Foxworthy)

Seriously, some of these "decks" are very nice.
    Eggo in N. MS
    It's not the deck that's important - it's the food!!!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• paulheelspaulheels Posts: 457
    It's not the deck that's important - it's the food!!!!!!
    Agree! Definitely gives me ideas of what I can do to mine !!

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • MikeGMikeG Posts: 174
    edited March 2012

Our backyard is tiny with no privacy, so I put this fenced patio in our front yard about 12 years ago.  The cedar fence posts have since rotted off at the ground and I was at risk to losing the fence in the winds.  I also cut down a river birch that used to provide afternoon shade - roots were starting to lift the concrete.

So I needed fence reinforcement and shade.  My solution was to buy a custom made pergola kit.  The little triangle herb garden will be remodeled into a nook for my KJ.  Today I ordered a 6' x 15' piece of Coolaroo fabric and a grommet kit which will be made into an expandable/retractable overhead shade-on-cables to block the noon day sun but still lets lots of light through.

The pergola is really nice.  The mountain view is priceless - WOW!!!!!!!!!  Looks like a beautiful place to cook!!!

Waunakee, WI

• MikeGMikeG Posts: 174

The pergola is really nice.  The mountain view is priceless - WOW!!!!!!!!!  Looks like a beautiful place to cook!!!

Thanks.  That's the view to the East.  To the West we overlook the valley with city lights at night.  Still, I'd trade for your view of that expanse of rolling hills with deciduous trees any day.