Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Egg has Landed

balliardiballiardi Posts: 59
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Arrived yesterday, looking forward to putting it together and getting going!

I'm going to build a table for it too.... any recommendations on what I should include in/on the table? Thing's I've thought about: Chopping board, bin hole, drawer for the plate setter, wheels, hooks for tools/kitchen towels.

I'm UK based and new to BGE, not new to BBQ tho :) 

·

Comments

• boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    Congrats and welcome to the party.
    Cookin in Texas
    ·
  • Bottle Opener is at the top of my parts list for the table that I am building this spring.
    Love smoking chicken...but they are hard to keep lit ;-) http://daveyrayland.wordpress.com/ Small Egg / Weber OTG 22" / CharGriller Trio / Masterbuilt 30" Electric
    ·
  • EggRacerEggRacer Posts: 400
    Gotta have a bottle opener!! 
    XLBGE & LBGE
    North Richland Hills, TX
    ·
  • Bottle opener and wheels.  Both very important.  Welcome!  :-h
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences -
    You can find me on Facebook & Instagram, too! 
    ·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    When I build mine it will definitely have a hole for an umbrella. Neither Rain, nor sleet, etc...
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • balliardiballiardi Posts: 59
    Great ideas - thanks all. Will post some pics once I've finished the design!
    ·
  • have two eggs on the patio, one in the oven(picking up med in Slalado) and a bottle opener...ready to start on a set of tables this summer...:)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

·