Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Striper + Mayo + Raging River =

Options
pointer
pointer Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Some mighty fine eating![p]I just finished up some fresh stiper fillets cooked at 350' on my large.
Dusted with Raging River, slatered with mayo, and cooked in pan, with pecan and apple wood for smoke.
This does for fish what "TRezin'" does for steaks.[p]Hope Everybody had a Great Holiday Weekend.[p]Pointer

Comments

• Squeeze
    Squeeze Posts: 717
    Options
    pointer,
    Man you had me scared for a second. I thought this was some crazy party thing....misreading....need to read slower....

Kevin Jacques
    The University of Que L.L.C. ®
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!
  • pointer
    Options
    Squeeze,[p]It would make a pretty good party snack :)
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    pointer,
    That sounds really good. A feller brought some striper meat to the Eggfest last year, and I got to cook a slab of it at the after party. I found it was one of my favorite fish to cook. Mild. Flaky but firm. Yowza. No pictures?[p]Cheers!
    Chris...with two picnic roasts on right now for a soccer party for the girls tomorrow after practice!

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    pointer,[p]Sounds great. I just did two racks of baby backs coated in Raging River. It's weird, I did these with Raging River plus a boatload of sugary stuff, but the end product had a very herby flavor with which I'm not too familiar. I need to try these again tomorrow when I'm not full of Holiday Beer to make sure I understand the flavor. Perhaps there's more to Raging River than I previously realized.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• pointer
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Sorry Chris No pictures... I was so hungry for the Raging River striper I couldn't wait! :)
    I will be cooking more tomorrow or the next day, so I will post a picture then.[p]Stiper is hard to beat. As you say, mild and firm.[p]I will be ordering more rub tommorrow...my supply is getting dangerously Low![p]Brad

• RetAF
    RetAF Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds Good! I'd like to try some Raging River. Where do I get it? [p]Just did two big racks of ribs yesterday - have some great left-overs to much on tonite. One rack done with Dizzy Pig Butt Rub, the other with a Pecan rub - both turned out fantastic.
  • pointer
    Options
    RetAF,[p]Raging River is sold by Chris at dizzypigbbq.com,
    the same place you bought your Dizzy Pig Rub from.
    It is my favorite from DP. Enjoy![p]