Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My egg table from Robert Blumel Designs

Options
DanM
DanM Posts: 1
edited March 2012 in EGG Table Forum
This is my recently completed BGE table.The top is reclaimed 70+ year old heart of pine. The sides are reclaimed 70+ red oak, white oak and pine all from a barn in southern VA. As you may know reclaimed wood is really hard. Cutting, drilling and planing it were more difficult that normal wood purchased from a lumber yard. It's got four coats of oil on it. A coat of oil now and again and I expect this to brave the elements really well. The table itself is 2 inch welded steel with welded expanded steel as shelving. I'm pretty sure this table is going to outlast me.This was a prototype, so a few things are going to change, but as you can see this is quality custom work.
My buddy who made the table is going to start selling them to the public. Send me a PM if you're interested in getting one. He's got four orders placed with him shortly after he placed a few photo's on facebook. I have a feeling he's in for a long and busy summer. He's also going to put team logo's on the door for those that are interested and a few other options for those that want them.
The is a medium green egg table. He's able to make them for all sizes. Any suggestions on how to make this table better from the collective wisdom of the forum are always welcome.
DanHttp://robertblumel.plebu.com 

Comments

• Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Options
    Very nice looking table
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    I've been casually looking at finding some reclaimed lumber to build a rustic table with. You guys did a really good job doing that, and I like the idea of metal frame. I especially like the mesh (forget the actual name for it) that you used in the base and the egg support section. I'd be interested in seeing split sliding doors in the front that could be used to keep both sides closed up when not in use to keep little kids out and then leave the one slid open for air flow when cooking.
    Dunedin, FL
  • wolfsburg18
    Options
    That is one great looking table. Love the whole steel and barnwood style. While I have torn out the barnwood from my basement that wood has real character.
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Options
    Darn I cant see the pics?

Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    I can't see either??
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    Options
    I can't see either??
    Look at the link in the last sentence on the original post. It's a little hidden.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Very nice looking.  Something I've wondered on a lot of table designs is cleaning the ashes out.  I would think having the bottom vent flush with the shelf edge would be ideal.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys