Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs just went on the egg

smokesniffer
smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok so this is my third attempt at ribs. First try was a disappointment, second try was better, but not done quite to fall off the bone, which was what I was wanting.
Last night I pulled the membrane off and rubbed them with Bone Sucking Rub. Left them in the fridge over night. This am got the egg going, (I am getting used to the Hi-Que grate,) Bought the egg up to 250 and let it stabilize. Once I felt that the temp was staying put, I put in the plate setter in, legs up, up the 3 feet that came with the egg and then an AF pan with some water in it. Grill on top of that set up and the the ribs in a rack holder. Put some apple chunks in for some smoke. Plan is to leave them alone for the first 3 hours and then spray them with apple juice and apple cider vinegar every hour after that. I am planning for about a 7 hour cook. I was told that lifting the lid and spraying will add time to the cook. Last attempt I did the bend test, the crus on the ribs was just starting to crack, so this time I will really let them bend and will want to see more evidence of cracking and a very limp rib. Also planning to do some ABT's about 1-1-1/2 before the ribs get done. Then about 30-40 minutes before those are done, I will put on a dutch oven with cauliflower and cheese sauce on. Trying to get everything done on the egg and impress the Mrs. 
Wish me luck. Does 7 hours sound about right??
:-?
Large, small, and a mini

Comments