Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Get ready to turn up the heat as we dive into August. While there are only a few weeks left to perfect those tailgate recipes, summer isn’t over yet! Two things we’ll be making this month are Chile Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops and Bell Pepper Kabobs. Then, relax after a cookout with a cool dessert cooked on your EGG - Ice Cream Sandwiches! You can mix and match your favorite cookie flavors with ice cream flavors. Simple, yet delicious!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Surf and Turf.

travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,853
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Prime filet and some 5oz spiny tails. Salad is spinach, feta, bacon, cucumber, and tomatoes. Let the record reflect, the A-1 didnt get near my food. My wife didnt eat red meat at all when we met, since the Egg, she eats filet at 145 degrees.imageimage
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,454
    Snort.  Good looking cook.

Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Oh yeah! Steak and Lobster at Chez Ft. Hood - $30

Salad and dressing - $4.95

Cap Starter Pistol causing MPs to hover in 12 Apache Gunships overhead.   PRICELESS !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,853
    Oh yeah! Steak and Lobster at Chez Ft. Hood - $30

Salad and dressing - $4.95

Cap Starter Pistol causing MPs to hover in 12 Apache Gunships overhead.   PRICELESS !
    The gate guards don't search your person when you go on post unless you look like you have been smoking marijuana. (I dont smoke marijuana)    **==
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,476
    Travis, meal looks great. Does your wife have purple drank in her water bottle??!!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    Travis, meal looks great. Does your wife have purple drank in her water bottle??!!!
    The wife lady is preggers. My realtree 24oz Tervis (big T) Tumbler has a whiskey drank in it, she is having Crystal lite.(yes, technically it's purple drank)
  • it the weapon to run off anyone who woud dare to interfere?

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,476

The wife lady is preggers. My realtree 24oz Tervis (big T) Tumbler has a whiskey drank in it, she is having Crystal lite.(yes, technically it's purple drank)

Nice man. My old lady is preggers too. Congrats. First one for us. You? We are having a son in July.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO. It's our first also. Son in June and I cant wait. He shall be named, Grant Dean Strickland. My dad said, "Oh great, another G.D Strickland" hahahahah real funny dad.
  • waeggerwaegger Posts: 65
    Travis, you are a real treat! I enjoy your post as well as VI's . I wish you and your family the best.
    marysville,wa. mini & large.
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Congrats to the future daddy's here !!!!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,474
    Travis that is a very nice cook. Get all your egg stuff now :-t
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• jjmillsjjmills Posts: 75
    Man that looks good.  How did you cook the tails?  You are going to enjoy your little boy.  I'm 33 and have four little girls.  They are the best.
  • scaryangelscaryangel Posts: 134
    The food looks fabulous.
  • Travis... great looking food. email me your addy so I can mail you a real whiskey drank glass!

it all goes down the same pipe... but sometimes style points are important too.

Congrats on the new family member!

~jd

BOOMER!
  • MikeGMikeG Posts: 174
    Travis please tell me you didn't use the laser on your Ruger to help char those filets?  That's not Que man!
    Travis please tell me you didn't use the laser on your Ruger to help char those filets?  That's not Que man!
    Yes, I used the laser to char the meat but, that is a Kel Tec PF9. 5 oz's lighter, an extra round capacity, about 100 bucks cheaper, and just over .1 of an inch narrower. Its pretty much the ideal carry piece. 
  • MikeGMikeG Posts: 174

Ah, missed it.  I'm slipping I guess.  But I'll take my 'smith over the Keltec.  Pics with real Texas chili will post tomorrow morning. 

S&W, Ruger, Keltec..... dont really matter. They are all made in US. I'm a fan of all three. 
  • Travis, Start doin lots of ribs and jerkey for that teethin baby boy of yours,Congrats and get your drink on now,Cuz its over when Baby Grant comes

LET'S EAT
    Travis, you are a real treat! I enjoy your post as well as VI's . I wish you and your family the best.
    Aw shucks. Thanks friend. 
    Man that looks good.  How did you cook the tails?  You are going to enjoy your little boy.  I'm 33 and have four little girls.  They are the best.
    About 400 raised direct. Shells down with the underside(the underside should be pointing to the shy when you cook) of the bug cut out with poultry shears. Season as you wish.