Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Surf and Turf.

travisstrick
travisstrick Posts: 5,002
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Prime filet and some 5oz spiny tails. Salad is spinach, feta, bacon, cucumber, and tomatoes. Let the record reflect, the A-1 didnt get near my food. My wife didnt eat red meat at all when we met, since the Egg, she eats filet at 145 degrees.imageimage
Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Snort.  Good looking cook.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Oh yeah! Steak and Lobster at Chez Ft. Hood - $30

Salad and dressing - $4.95

Cap Starter Pistol causing MPs to hover in 12 Apache Gunships overhead.   PRICELESS !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstrick
    Oh yeah! Steak and Lobster at Chez Ft. Hood - $30

Salad and dressing - $4.95

Cap Starter Pistol causing MPs to hover in 12 Apache Gunships overhead.   PRICELESS !
    The gate guards don't search your person when you go on post unless you look like you have been smoking marijuana. (I dont smoke marijuana)    **==
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Travis, meal looks great. Does your wife have purple drank in her water bottle??!!!
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • travisstrick
    Travis, meal looks great. Does your wife have purple drank in her water bottle??!!!
    The wife lady is preggers. My realtree 24oz Tervis (big T) Tumbler has a whiskey drank in it, she is having Crystal lite.(yes, technically it's purple drank)
  • it the weapon to run off anyone who woud dare to interfere?

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    The wife lady is preggers. My realtree 24oz Tervis (big T) Tumbler has a whiskey drank in it, she is having Crystal lite.(yes, technically it's purple drank)

Nice man. My old lady is preggers too. Congrats. First one for us. You? We are having a son in July.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • travisstrick
    WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO. It's our first also. Son in June and I cant wait. He shall be named, Grant Dean Strickland. My dad said, "Oh great, another G.D Strickland" hahahahah real funny dad.
  • waegger
    waegger Posts: 88
    Travis, you are a real treat! I enjoy your post as well as VI's . I wish you and your family the best.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Congrats to the future daddy's here !!!!!!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Travis that is a very nice cook. Get all your egg stuff now :-t
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jjmills
    jjmills Posts: 117
    Man that looks good.  How did you cook the tails?  You are going to enjoy your little boy.  I'm 33 and have four little girls.  They are the best.
     LG. BGE  Straight up Cheese head from Little Chute, WI
  • scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    The food looks fabulous.
  • Travis... great looking food. email me your addy so I can mail you a real whiskey drank glass!

it all goes down the same pipe... but sometimes style points are important too.

Congrats on the new family member!

~jd

BOOMER!
  • MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174
    Travis please tell me you didn't use the laser on your Ruger to help char those filets?  That's not Que man!
  • travisstrick
    Travis please tell me you didn't use the laser on your Ruger to help char those filets?  That's not Que man!
    Yes, I used the laser to char the meat but, that is a Kel Tec PF9. 5 oz's lighter, an extra round capacity, about 100 bucks cheaper, and just over .1 of an inch narrower. Its pretty much the ideal carry piece. 
  • MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174

Ah, missed it.  I'm slipping I guess.  But I'll take my 'smith over the Keltec.  Pics with real Texas chili will post tomorrow morning. 

• travisstrick
    S&W, Ruger, Keltec..... dont really matter. They are all made in US. I'm a fan of all three. 
  • Travis, Start doin lots of ribs and jerkey for that teethin baby boy of yours,Congrats and get your drink on now,Cuz its over when Baby Grant comes

LET'S EAT
  • travisstrick
    Travis, you are a real treat! I enjoy your post as well as VI's . I wish you and your family the best.
    Aw shucks. Thanks friend. 
  • travisstrick
    Man that looks good.  How did you cook the tails?  You are going to enjoy your little boy.  I'm 33 and have four little girls.  They are the best.
    About 400 raised direct. Shells down with the underside(the underside should be pointing to the shy when you cook) of the bug cut out with poultry shears. Season as you wish.