Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Duroc Pork Chops - Yummy

IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
So my butcher has been getting duroc pork chops recently, and I must say I absolutely love these.  The marbling and flavor is fantastic.  If you get the chance you should pick them up.  They are pricier than standard store bought pork, but oh so worth it in my opinion.  I attached two picks of these Fred Flinstone chops, with a 12 oz. beer bottle as a reference - I figured everyone on this board will know a beer bottle reference   ;)

Comments

• Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,526
    Hmmm.... oatmeal stout 

Pork chops look good too.
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Oh yes, two great tastes.
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 374
    That is very interesting. I wish I had a butcher like that. I am "high centered" on the loin flap from a few weeks ago!
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,895
    Actually, I only drink my beer out of a large funnel and hose. The bottle is meaningless. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 6,697
    Actually, I only drink my beer out of a large funnel and hose. The bottle is meaningless. 

Hahaha. Gotta love a beer bong.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013