It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
It works! I made my own recipe for meatloaf and put it in a loaf pan for 30 min. then flipped it out onto the grill. Worked fine tho I kinda burned the bottom. But the top tasted great.
Mini meatloaf is your friend. Indirect cook at 375.
I know it's already been posted.... but I couldn't resist....5.5lbs... PS legs up... 400 degrees until cooked through... Ghost Pepper Chili added to sauce for some heat!
<it made me feel better since it was an all SEC BCS Title game.>
We like doing the Collucci Borthers meatloaf that was featured on BF Throwdown. I've done it indirect on the grate with some foil to collect drippings making cleanup easier.
And we've done it sitting on foil.
We prefer on the grate so it isn't sitting in its own fat as it cooks. More info Here
Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook
1 lb. Ground Beef
1/2 lb. Ground Pork
1/2 tsp. Dry Mustard
1/4 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
1 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/4 tsp. Sage
2/3 Cup Milk
1 Garlic Clove Crushed
3/4 tsp. Dizzy Pig or Montreal Steak Rub
1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 tsp. Salt
Ketchup & Heinz 57 ForBrushing
1. Preheat Cooker to 350*F with indirect setup(platesetter)
2. Add 3-4 Chunks of Cherry Wood
3. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
4. Shape mixture into a loaf and place in anun-greased loaf pan (9x5x3")
5. Brush top of loaf with mixture of ketchup andHeinz 57 and sprinkle with more steak rub
6. When cooker is stable at 350* place meatloafin and cook for 1.5 hours until done (internal meat temp 165*)
7. When meatloaf is done remove from pan andrest for 5-10 minutes before slicing
I use a large muffin pan to shape the meatloaves( makes six ) I have holes in the bottom of the pan to help get them out.
I fill the pan @1/3 with meat, then I put in a slice of fresh mozz.cheese,and top off the meat. I then turn them out onto a sheet pan and wrap each one with thick cut bacon, and sauce the tops. I leave a lip with the bacon to keep the sauce in place. 400* dome indirect on a raised grid. Pulled when the bacon looks done enough. I'll post pics next time I cook them.
I'm going to try a low carb meatloaf using diced eggplant instead of bread crumbs. Anyone ever mix sausage in with ground beef and pork? Say 1/3 of each?