Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Bottom Round Deli Roastbeef

XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 205
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

5lb. seasoned wrapped and set overnight in fridge.  Roasted low and slow 225* -230* indirect. Pulled at 130* internal. Foiled toweled, and rested for two hours in cooler. Sliced thin and served warm,was WAY better than any store bought deli beef I have ever had. Fridge overnight and will slice into 1lb sandwich packs vacuum sealed and then frozen until needed. This stuff was super tender !! :D image

More meat please !! :-)

Comments

• GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,468
    That is a mighty fine looking piece of cow. How did you decide on a bottom round roast over a sirloin tip?
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 205
    edited March 2012
    That is a mighty fine looking piece of cow. How did you decide on a bottom round roast over a sirloin tip?
    THANK YOU !!
    When I went to Winn Dixie ( local grocery chain ) they had the meat marked down from $30.00 to $23.00 plus buy one get one free. I figured this was just right for a first time cook. The meat was USDA Choice. The forum seemed split on their opinion of what cut to use , so I just bought some Bottom roast and went with it.
  • TomjohnTomjohn Posts: 43
    Looks great.
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,468
    Thanks for the info. At todays beef prices that is a great deal. All info is saved to the note pad for a future cook while I search for a good deal on beef. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 919
    XLentEGG...your roast looks delicious. How long did it take to get to130* internal? We want to plan a similar cook and wanted a time frame. Thanks.

Bob
    Alex City Al 

Alexander City,Al
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 205
    XLentEGG...your roast looks delicious. How long did it take to get to130* internal? We want to plan a similar cook and wanted a time frame. Thanks.

Bob

Alex City Al 

I believe that it was three to four hours. The clocks were still out of wack from the time change and i'm not real sure that my wife did not reset the clocks during the cook. I rested it for two hours foiled, toweled and in the cooler. This was to let the juices settle. Don't know if it really needed that long of a rest or not. This was my first one.
  • boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,273
    That looks fantastic....  
    Cookin in Texas