Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do you reheat your leftovers?

Options
FxLynch
FxLynch Posts: 433
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
We just ate left over chuck roast from last nights cook for lunch.  I had the same problem as with leftover brisket, it's just so dry.  Last night when it was hot from cooking it was juicy and tender.  Of course, I just heated it on a plate in the microwave today, which I know can't be the best way.

So is there a way to heat up sliced brisket or chuck to make it moist again, or would I have been better off just chopping the rest and mixing in sauce for sandwiches?

Comments

• Eggbertsdad
    Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
    Options
    Last weekend I did some smoked beef back ribs...looked like something Fred Flinstone would eat!

On Thursday night I took the left over ribs and got all the meat off the bone and made a stroganoff with it. It was awesome. Don't ask me what me do that other than the wife wanted to clean out the fridge and I had the ribs, mushrooms, milk, sour cream, etc. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    When we reheat cooked bbq meat I do it in the microwave at about 30% power it will take 3 or 4 times as long as it does at full power but it does heat it more evenly.

Gerhard
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    Options
    Oven
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    With beef I blend together butter and beef broth or consume and spoon it over the meat before I reheat it.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    Options
    You're cooking with an egg and there are leftovers?!?  I need to introduce you to my sons.
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    I mic it. Low power in spurts so that the heat gets a chance to convect.
  • mustgrill
    mustgrill Posts: 141
    Options
    I throw mine in the cast iron thing from france cover with the lid nad heat. Le Cruset I think? In a convection oven at 225 till I think it's ready. Enjoy...
    Located in Western North Carolina