Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks for your help (pic)

Options
Bigfoot
Bigfoot Posts: 154
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
BGE1.jpg
<p />Hi Everyone![p]Thanks for all the great info - we had our trial run of the new BGE - made some cherry cola glazed St Louis Style ribs. I have to admit I was a td skeptical about how great this was going to be - I have made some KILLER ribs in my old barrel smoker from many years - BUT after 5 1/2 hours on the BGE - the ribs were the best - most meatiest, juciest ribs I have ever made *standing ovation* It is true about the ceramic not drying out food! (Not to mention the corn I did on it was awesome)[p]Tonight I am melting some gasket - we are T-REX style cooking two nice dry aged Rib-Eyes.[p]One side not - for those who build a table from plans on the net - be warned BGE now has a new spring housing = YOu will need to make a small "adjustment" to be very back of your table. [p]THANKS AGAIN!

Comments

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Bigfoot,
    Your table looks great and welcome to the Wonderful Land of Oz (oops wrong forum)I mean Wonderful Land of Eggers. I would like to make one comment however regarding your table. I would add a patio block under your egg in addition to the heat shield. I have seen some people post on this forum with regards to the wood still burning under the heat shield. Just some helpful advice. Good luck with those T-Rex steaks. Get ready to change out your gasket if you do them alot. I have made a few since Feb. and I needed to change my gasket. I went with a Rutland gasket. Anyway have a great weekend.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    slabbb1.jpg
    <p />Bigfoot,[p]You want to share that cherry cola rib glaze. Sounds good. These ribs were about 3 hours in when I took this pic.[p]Mike
  • Chainsmoker
    Chainsmoker Posts: 114
    Options
    Bigfoot,
    what is the stone looking pad to the left and what is it for?
    ryan

• Bigfoot
    Bigfoot Posts: 154
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!![p]THe heat shield under the egg is actually 2" of flagstone. That stone to the left is just a piece of leftover Travertine Marble - it is just a place i can set food if I need to.[p]I will post the recipe for the Cherry Cola Glaze - that is darn yummy when you want to change things up a bit.

• Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Bigfoot,
    Sorry about that, from the picture I thought it was just a piece of sheat metal.

Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.