Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Maverick question

milkman5083milkman5083 Posts: 100
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
The barbecue probe is reading the temp, but the food probe is showing HHH on the lcd. This is brand new and first time use. Any help will be appreciated.
·

Comments

• Is the probe plugged all the way into the transmitter?
    Glenn
    ·
  • XLentEGGXLentEGG Posts: 204
    edited March 2012
    Have you recently overheated the food probe cable? 400*-500* ? They wont take it but one time. I fried my maverick food probe a year ago. I still use the smoker probe , but got a cheap one for food from wally world.
    Yes, this is the biggest one they make.
    ·
  • eggoeggo Posts: 433
    I'm betting the probe is not pushed all the way in the transmitter. BTDT You get 3 H's when that happens
    Eggo in N. MS
    ·
  • milkman5083milkman5083 Posts: 100
    Thanks for the advice and help! I unplugged the probe and inserted it again. I made sure it was pushed all the way in the transmitter, and it is working now. Temp is at 149 right now.
    ·