Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PP - Cooked this weekend, served next - any suggestions

dan
dan Posts: 57
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have to do the cooking this weekend for a gathering next Saturday. Have two 7lbs. cooking as we speak. Any suggestions for storage and reheating to get the best product?
Thanks for your help.
Dan - (relatively new to all this)

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Dan,
    with 14# raw that will probably yield you about 9# of pulled pork, maybe 10#. As for storage keep in a sealed container in the coldest part of your refrig. To reheat - trust me on this - place it all in a large crock pot - or better yet in two smaller ones and then pour in a 12 oz can of Coca-Cola Classic per pot...not diet and not Pepsi - it has to be Coca-Cola. Stir while reheating on low temp. Hint - don't tell people about this secret ingredient - just humbly accept the accolades!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I would pull it, put in aluminum 1/2 pans, cover with plastic wrap and freeze. You can reheat in oven or pit, toss with some fresh sauce and you are good to go, very easy.
  • dan
    dan Posts: 57
    RRP,
    You're not playing with me here are you - COKE? - have not hear of this before.
    By the way - an old Farmington resident here - read you bio and was surprised by your location
    thanks for your help - I think
    Dan