Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Eggbertsdad
Eggbertsdad Posts: 804
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just got back from the store after cleaning out the BGE and poured my 1st screwdriver. I'm ready for battle!

I'm making AZRP's "The Chicken" recipe (from the Naked Whiz site)  for a late lunch today. I can't wait to try it. 

Tomorrow I'm trying a semi turbo pork butt. After I get back from poker tonight I'll rub in mustard and Dizzy Dust.

I live for weekends and cooking on the Egg! 

Cheers!
Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)

Comments

• GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Crab Imperial, New Orleans barbecue shrimp and rib eyes. Should be some good eats.

78 and sunny. ;;)
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • Rzeancak
    Rzeancak Posts: 193
    chicken N ribs on my grill
    A child can ask questions a wise man can't answer!!!
    Canada
    Large @ Small BGE 

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Bout to pull some baby backs off for lunch!
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Just put venison steaks in to marinade.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    A weekend of firsts on my new Egg for me. First pizza last night, first steaks tonight, and first pork tenderloins tomorrow. I love this thing!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • Eggbertsdad
    NICE! 

GrannyX4, can you share the crab imperial recipe?
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    NY Strips tonight, Wokking tomorrow night!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Ribs, a slab of each today, spatch chicken tomorrow!
  • DMurf
    DMurf Posts: 481
    Rib eyes last night, some salmon tonight, and spatchcock chicken tomorrow.
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
  • GrannyX4
    I'm going to make the crab imperial in one large casserole dish and serve as an appetizer. Never made this recipe before.

Crab Imperial
    This spicy crab casserole is a specialty of Sting-Ray's in Cape Charles, Virginia. This recipe first appeared in our March 2012 issue, with Jane and Michel Stern's piece Surf and Turf.

SERVES 6

INGREDIENTS
    8 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
    3 tbsp. flour
    2 cups heavy cream
    1 lb. jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shell pieces
    1 cup panko bread crumbs
    1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
    1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
    1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
    2 tbsp. sherry
    2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
    1 1/2 tsp. worcestershire
    1 tsp. paprika
    1 tsp. dry mustard powder
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
    Toasted, sliced country bread, for serving

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Heat oven to 400°. Heat 5 tbsp. butter in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat. Add flour, and cook, stirring, until smooth, about 2 minutes. Whisk in cream, and bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in crabmeat, half the bread crumbs, bell pepper, onion, half the parsley, sherry, juice, Worcestershire, half the paprika, mustard, cayenne, and salt and pepper. Divide mixture evenly among 6 shallow 6-oz. ramekins; place ramekins on a baking sheet and set aside.

2. In a small bowl, mix remaining butter, bread crumbs, and paprika until evenly combined; sprinkle seasoned bread crumbs evenly over each ramekin. Bake until lightly browned and bubbling in the center, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve hot with toast on the side.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    I gained two pounds reading the recipe, Granny.  Day-um !  That looks good !  My wife is allergic to shellfish, so I don't know if I will make it, but would love to.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    I am smoking bacon now, and making a tri-tip later tonight.  
  • GrannyX4
    I cut the calories by serving it as an appetizer instead of a meal and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. If you ever have any left over fish you could substitute for the crab but it would have to be precooked fish. ;;)
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Cooking a 7lb brisket overnight tonight.

Gerhard
  • scaryangel
    scaryangel Posts: 135
    I am cooking a 3 pound porterhouse steak tonight and a Boston Butt tomorrow. :D
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Scary - are you doing the mustgrill method?  
  • rambrose
    rambrose Posts: 23
    1 rack of baby backs some wings a few potato bombs...and waiting until it gets closer to 5-ish for that 1st Jack and Coke
  • pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Pizza last night. Sweet-chili chicken wings tonight.
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • JalopyBob
    JalopyBob Posts: 175
    Just bought a nice Tri-Tip and am slicing it into steaks. A little celery salt, some pepper and some fresh garlic and away we go.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited March 2012
    Yaki gyoza

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Dawgbite
    Dawgbite Posts: 5
    1 rack of baby backs some wings a few potato bombs...and waiting until it gets closer to 5-ish for that 1st Jack and Coke

It's always 5 o'clock somewhere. Cornish hens tonight, I think I hear a Dos Equis calling my name, yep, think I'll get one and watch the wife rake leaves awhile. How long you think that will last?
  • cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Not sure what to cook, but I've got Troegs Mad Elf and Mich Ultra on tap. A plan will come together! :o
    Mark Annville, PA
  • i might drink my supper tonight KILLIANS  
  • chill243
    chill243 Posts: 131
    Country style ribs and 2 spatch cocked chickens  YUM
  • Three racks of baby backs. Trying a bourbon glaze finish for first time.
  • mustgrill
    mustgrill Posts: 141

4 pounds of spare ribs, I have not cooked them in many years and these looked great. Also found some fresh early yellow corn from Fla.

Located in Western North Carolina
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    I had a soon to be expiring Groupon, so I cheated today and went to Texas Pride BBQ in Adkins, Texas.

Tomorrow, I'm having a bunch of family over, so I'm making 4 racks of ribs (pork loin back), split chicken breast, spicy ginger teriyaki wings, sausage and roasted corn.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Eggbertsdad
    My "The Chicken" I cooked earlier was interesting. The chicken dusted in flour looked and smelled awesome coming off the egg. Dunking it in the sauce and wrapping them in foil made the skin soft but the meat was moist and soaked up the sauce. 
  • NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    Burgers tonight and double pork butts tomorrow!!!

:x
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    I did Thai grilled beef salad last night, using the egg to cook the steak to rare with heavy smoke.  That turned out amazing.

Today I have a Chuck Roast on the grill.  I rubbed with a thin coat of mustard then a heavy coating of "Willys number one-derful" rub from the Smoke and Spice cookbook, then topped that rub with Cowboy rub which is spicy and pungent.  I'm sitting here now with an oatmeal stout and my maverick reading 234 grill temp, 140 meat temp.  It's nice enough to be outside in a t shirt and thats exactly what I'm doing.

On a side note, I made an awesome bucket out of a 5 liter mini keg of Rogue Yellow Snow IPA that I had last weekend.  It was a fun project to do outside today in the nice weather. I don't always soak wood chunks or chips, but when I do I always use a kitchen bowl, now I have a special bucket to use.