Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini GBE and 10" WOO ring

bamafan62
bamafan62 Posts: 137
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Have the 10" Mini bge.  I want to purcha$e the 10" woo ring from the CG$.  I al$o want to purcha$e the carbon $teel 10" flat bottom wok from the Wok $hop.  Will the 10" wok work with the 10" inch woo ring and the Mini?????  I appreciate your help.

Phil

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited March 2012
    When you order your 10" wok, tell Ms. Tane Chan that Mickey said you could get it seasoned for $5.00. It's kind of a secret code.  She'll do it based on that statement.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• NightwingXP
    NightwingXP Posts: 448
    When you order your 10" wok, tell Ms. Tane Chan that Mickey said you could get it seasoned for $5.00. It's kind of a secret code.  She'll do it based on that statement.
    LOL

=))
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • bamafan62
    VI,

will thi$ $et up work?

Bama
  • Village Idiot
    Bama,

Are you talking about the seasoning?  No, she won't do it anymore.

Will the 10" wok work ?  I'm hoping so.  I just ordered one.  But, I'd only use it on a mini (which I don't have, but will get one shortly).

Here's my plan.  I know that most of the oriental sauces (kung pao, szechuan, tempura, etc. etc.) will last quite a while in the fridge.  So, if I want to cook a quick oriental meal for the wife and I, I just defrost a chicken breast, cut up an onion, and get the sauce out, and stir fry on the mini. It'll be quick, not much prep, and tasty.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• bamafan62
    VI,

I am not intere$ted in the $ea$oning. 

Thank you.  I will be ordering the woo and wok!  My wife and I will be in a national park for and extended period thi$ $ummer and fall.  I wa$ hoping we could u$e the mini and the 10 ' wok for $tir fry while we will be in Wyoming!  Thi$ i$ good new$!  I watched your video again thi$ evening on the kung pao $hrimp.   Are the red pepper$ you u$e  hot.  The wife and I can't take a lot of "heat".

Bama
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Bama the Mini Woo is not for the Wok. Two different items. And VI is just being VI, don't ask for the Mickey special deal: there is none on seasoning anymore. The Mini Woo is to get height on a Mini cook or to place pizza stones (from Amazon) to make an indirect cook. I use the Mini Woo with chicken (have spatchcocked whole chicken) or parts and anything cooked direct that I do not want as hot a cook as cooking lower.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    edited March 2012

Gary cut that crap out, we may need Ms. Tane Chan at the Wok Shop. :-B

(Was funny, still laughing.......)

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Gary, that's what I plan on doing after I win a mini at Salado.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Village Idiot
    VI,

I am not intere$ted in the $ea$oning. 

Thank you.  I will be ordering the woo and wok!  My wife and I will be in a national park for and extended period thi$ $ummer and fall.  I wa$ hoping we could u$e the mini and the 10 ' wok for $tir fry while we will be in Wyoming!  Thi$ i$ good new$!  I watched your video again thi$ evening on the kung pao $hrimp.   Are the red pepper$ you u$e  hot.  The wife and I can't take a lot of "heat".

Bama
    The tien tsen chiles are a little bit hotter than a jalapeño.  But, you don't want to eat them.  You use them for the seasoning they add to your dish.  They do add a little kick to the food, but not much.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• bamafan62
    The more I read what i$ going on here ha$ got me confu$ed.  I am $orry I even brought it up.  Mickey i$ $aying the 10' mini will not work for $tir fry and VI $ay$ it will. 

Bama
  • Mickey

I am sorry. I was saying you do not use the Wok and the Mini Woo together. The Wok (as VI said) works fine with the Mini BGE. The first picture is a Mini Woo and the second picture is the Mini Woo in the Egg.

imageimage

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    now with the wok, I bet by June, Mickey will have three minis.........LOL..

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990
    Bamafan
    Why are your s ''s all dollar signs?
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Mickey
    Bamafan
    Why are your s ''s all dollar signs?
    Thanks for asking.

• Village Idiot
    I think I remember him saying that his "s" key is broken, so he has to use the $ sign.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• stevesails
    That would be hard to type!
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    That would be hard to type!

It's hard to read!
  • bamafan62
    it i$ either the $ or a new computer!  I am now $pending all my extra money on BGE equipment.  I feel it i$ a fair trade off! '=)
  • Mickey
    Bama that was my wife's guess that it was your keyboard. You are correct on money spent being better on the egg....

• stevesails
    Keyboards are cheap
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• Village Idiot
    Keyboards are cheap
    Try spilling a glass of wine on a Macbook Pro keyboard.  In that case, it's a $2,000 keyboard.   :((

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    USB keyboard...... about 15bucks
  • JalopyBob
    JalopyBob Posts: 175
    You can still use a USB keyboard with a laptop.
  • Village Idiot
    You can still use a USB keyboard with a laptop.
    Not if the wine fries your motherboard.  

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• travisstrick
    Apple care plan?
  • Village Idiot
    Apple care plan?
    Expired, and also not covered for drunks who cannot control their drinks.   [-X

Dripping Springs, Texas.