Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

10" Mini Wok for Mini

MickeyMickey Posts: 16,442
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Just came in from WokShop. And they seasoned it for $5. Looks like a good job (will have Gary check it out in Salado).  10" Wok is just right for the Mini.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·

Comments

• That is a great looking wok
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122

Mickey or VI

What size carbon steel wok is best for the large Egg with the spider? Do you have a model # and what handle configuration do you like?

Thanks, Bill

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,442
    Will need Gary to answer this one. I had one and got real rusty and tossed. Both Gary and the lady at shop said in so many words that I was an idot. But Tom sells them at ceramicgrillstore.com and the lady at Wok Shop. I just can't remember the size I tossed.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,292

Mickey or VI

What size carbon steel wok is best for the large Egg with the spider? Do you have a model # and what handle configuration do you like?

Thanks, Bill

Gary suggested 16 inch carbon steel for my large. Works great. It is a round bottom and has metal (not wood) helper handles on both sides.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951

Mickey or VI

Thanks, Bill

Bill,

I have a large, and for me, I like the 16" carbon steel with a round bottom.  Fits well with the spider.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • scooter759scooter759 Posts: 248

Gonna get me a 16". Any insight on the differences between the regular carbon steel and the hand hammered?

Thanks.

Extra Large, Large & Medium eggs, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,122
    Thanks guys, I think I'll order today.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951

Gonna get me a 16". Any insight on the differences between the regular carbon steel and the hand hammered?

Thanks.

No, I don't.  I think the name implies that there was more human interchange in the making, but I don't know if that makes it better or worse.  Made in Germany impresses me.  Made in China does not.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • scooter759scooter759 Posts: 248
    VI, thanks. Good point. Made up my mind.
    Extra Large, Large & Medium eggs, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
    ·
  • CowdogsCowdogs Posts: 488
    edited March 2012

Thanks.

No, I don't.  I think the name implies that there was more human interchange in the making, but I don't know if that makes it better or worse.  Made in Germany impresses me.  Made in China does not.
    You might think a wok would be the one thing you want to be made in China.
    ·