Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beef Brisket done 6 hours early

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My 13 pound brisket wwas done to perfection , but at 6 AM rather than Noon serving time. I wrapped it in foil and put it in a cooler. Will I have to re-heat it and if so any suggestions?

Comments

• Dave B
    Dave B Posts: 25
    Options
    Jeff in San Diego,
    I had the same experience on Saturday. Put a 12 lb. brisket on at midnight, my temp. alarm woke me at 2:00 AM - got up to 300. I cooled the fire down , went back to bed, but temp had gone back up to almost 300. At 6:00 AM, internal was 187, I calmed fire down to 230, left brisket on till 9:00, wrapped in foil, put in cooler - didn't open till 2:30. I did not have to re-heat - it was delicious.[p]Short answer - you should not have to reheat. Enjoy![p]Dave B.

• Unknown
    Options
    Dave B,
    Great - I wass hoping that would be the case. Thanks

• Unknown
    Options
    Jeff in San Diego,[p]I am in SD well. Where did you get your brisket? I am still looking for a good source of 10+ pounders. Costco sells only 5 to 7 lb briskets.[p]Thanks in advance,[p]BP in SD
  • Unknown
    Options
    BP,
    This one came from Aaron's Glott Kosher Deli off Convoy and Balboa. FIrst time I ever bought one there -- I had Jewish guests who keep Kosher. I thought it might not be good but it was great!!! It had a good fat cap and came out just perfect - real juicy and smokey. But the kosher ones go for $7.50 per pound! I have been able to get large briskets at Stater Bros and Vons. You might have to order ahead of time so they don't trim them. Also you can try Tip Top Meat in Carlsbad. Jeff

• jaymer
    jaymer Posts: 49
    Options
    guys
    too bad you don't have a connection with an owner of a restaurant (or similar) who can buy from http://www.usfoodservice.com/
    even a kitchen in a large church (with a school, who has regular meals to prepare) has enough volume to buy supplies/food from somewhere and could order stuff for you. My friend who owns a mexican restaurant buys from a place that sells pork butts and they have brisket too. My exp. with Costco is high markup on Brisket - though lower markup than a traditional butcher would be.[p]current brisket price (for Choice) out here in Florida is $1.55/lb[p]jaymer...

[ul][li]www.jaymer.com/bbq[/ul]