Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

New to Forum - Sacramento with large BGE

RenatboostRenatboost Posts: 26
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Been following this forum for a while and love the advice and information shared. Joined today!

Purchased my Large BGE last week and just got it together. Been looking for and taking all the advice I can gather.
As a member of some other forums, I have recognized that there always seems to be a "know it all" that lurks and knocks everyone down for their own satisfaction. I haven't seen that here at BGE forum yet! Seems everyone is in here for the love of cooking or food and loves to share! Looking forward to asking some questions and interaction. Wish these computers had a "scratch and sniff" option as tasting or smelling some of your creations would be amazing!

I BBQ and smoke all year long since I do quite a bit of hunting and fishing as well as have some quality Butcher shops near me.

First try were some thick chops I had from a pig I got from our county fair. Today I have a pork butt going on the request of the three kiddos. Have a 5.5lb butt on at about 235deg! Used some rub I made and used on a pig I shot out here a while ago! Can't wait, I'll share pics later!

Going to be gathering some accessories over the next week and by reading the forums I know there is no shortage of items to take a look at!
Any recommendations would be appreciatd!

Thank you

Comments