Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Looking for something different to do with my pork chops

Options
EddieK76
EddieK76 Posts: 416
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Any different marinades, glazes?   
Large BGE

Comments

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Options
    small bottle of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce mixed with a couple tablespoons of mustard (or to taste) and a little garlic.  Fantastic.
    Pentwater, MI
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Cut a slit and put in a mix of goat cheese/cream cheese and candied jalapeno. Did last weekend. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• EddieK76
    Options
    I gotta keep it simple since I have an 8 year old, 7 year old and 4 year old.   And my wife needs to have mild food....Although the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce sounds fabulous for me :)
    Large BGE

• billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options

EddieK76

I did some center cut boneless pork chops the other night. 1-1/2" thick, seared @ 500 on CI grate @ regular level. Finished @ 350 to 400 on raised grate on the AR, to the temp. of 150. Seared 90 secs., turn another 90 secs., flipped for 90 secs. then pulled of until I dropped the temp.. I seasoned these with a recipe my cousin uses from Tyler, Tx.. Rub with worcestershire sauce, then cover both sides with Accent, Lawreys Season Salt and Lemon Pepper.

I like to buy whole cryovaced loins from Costco, I believe they were from Swift. I cut a 4" to 5" roast off of each end and then slice the center loin to the thickness I want. I'll have to get the exact prices later to show the savings, the whole loin is cheaper per lb. than the price for pork loin roasts and considerably cheaper that center cut chops. So you not only save money, but get to determine how thick you want them.

The 1st pic. is after searing, the 2nd is after they're done and then on the plate.

423 x 513 - 98K

480 x 640 - 132K

640 x 480 - 179K

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    lots of ways to make these

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • EddieK76
    Options
    You rolled them up and tied them?  Is that what I'm gathering...
    Large BGE

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    slit the long way and open like a book, pound flat to get them a little more even, stuff and roll, i think that was a mango chutney with cheese and basil but anything works, roll and one tooth pick. i put some chutney on top and it acted as a glaze. have done them with chilis and cheese as well.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • EddieK76
    Options
    I wonder how some Siracha and cream cheese would taste on that......

Would have to think about what to do with my kids and wifes....
    Large BGE

• Flamethrower
    Options
    Send em to Macdonalds and have the boys over for meat and beers
    LET'S EAT
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
  • paulheels
    paulheels Posts: 457
    Options
    Little Texas Pete- half as much worscheshire sauce, half as much soy sauce as TP. Couple tbls brown sugar, or to taste. Two to three tbls of lemon juice, be careful, too much is no good. Red pepper, paprika. Mix good. Marinate atleast an hour. Over night is better.
    I put on grill, season with salt and pepper cook til done at 350 ish.

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.