Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Heat Control Device

Medic72072Medic72072 Posts: 23
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am planning on buying a heat control device.  I have been looking at the BGE BBQ Guru and the iQue 110.  Which one would you recommend?

Comments

• medic119medic119 Posts: 80
    I just received the guru partyQ and I love it.  I have used the guru like you are talking about before and they are great.
    Thomas Bubba's BBQ and Harris Family Catering Pigs on the Run Competition BBQ Team Medic-Que BBQ Team, LBGE, Party Q
  • DawgbiteDawgbite Posts: 5
    Just received a Guru Party Q today so haven't had a chance to use it. I chose the party Q because it is battery powered instead of 120v so no extension cords, plus I'll use it tailgating next fall. I will use it with my Maverick thermometer. I'll let ya know how it turns out.
  • I am looking at the BBQ Guru on eBay.  Is there a better place to buy them?
  • bought my digiq  from bbq guru and it does good on overnighters 
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 981

if you want to go cheap and simple look at the Aubers.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• I bought the IQue 110 after reading the Naked Whiz reviews. The review was spot on. It doesn't have many of the advanced features of the more expensive controllers but it's greatness is in it's simplicity. It's relatively inexpensive and easy to use. I'm very happy with my choice.