Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

london broil help - PICS ADDED

frankc623
frankc623 Posts: 168
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
hey guys,

I am making a london broil for dinner, any tips or suggestions on how to cook it on the BGE? thanks!
L-BGE | Westminster, MD

Comments

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321

I marinate in Dichico's peri-peri sauce or teriyaki.  Sometimes a dry rub.  Let come to room temp before grilling.

I do mine direct heat with raised grill, and get the Egg stabilized at 400 with the dome well heat soaked.

Turn at 10 minutes, check temp after another 10 minutes.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• frankc623
    sounds good Doc. I have it marinating in some teriyaki now...hopefully it turns out good 
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • Doc_Eggerton

If you have not used it before, teriyaki is a powerful marinade.  I like mine strong, but you are getting the taste even after just an hour.

We make "meat on a stick" with teriyaki, and I marinate the cubes overnight.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• frankc623
    I've used teriyaki before, i'm not worried about the flavor being too strong! 

The "meat on a stick" sounds pretty good...do you use the london broil for that?
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • Doc_Eggerton

Actually I use whatever roasts look good and cut them up.  I cut steaks from roast all the time and they taste fine.  I am sure I have done it with a Broil.

We used to soak bamboo sticks for this, but I finally got some metal skewers so I could stop worrying about burn through.

The family loves this.

• frankc623
    Sounds good. I will definitely give that a try one of these days
    L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • frankc623
    Here are the pics of the finished product, turned out great! Cooked the london broil at 400, 10 minutes per side and I pulled them. I also cooked some red skin potatoes, red bell pepper and some onions.

L-BGE | Westminster, MD
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Hooah!