Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pulled Pork For 55

Options
Slobberdog
Slobberdog Posts: 54
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
How many lbs of Butt will it take to feed 30 adults and 25 kids?

Comments

• bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Options
    Will there be anything else to eat? I did a meal with some side dishes ect and a 7 lb fed 22 adults.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• medic119
    medic119 Posts: 80
    Options
    I just provided meat for a family dinner of 20 people and sent 6 lbs of pulled pork and 36 smoked chicken thighs.  In catering we figure 6 oz of meat per adult and 3 oz per child.
    Thomas Bubba's BBQ and Harris Family Catering Pigs on the Run Competition BBQ Team Medic-Que BBQ Team, LBGE, Party Q
  • Slobberdog
    Options
    Thanks for the input. Pulled pork will be the main course with slaw and chips. I also came across a formula on the Naked Whiz site to determine the amount of raw meat I'll need.
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    edited March 2012
    Options

Just cooked an 11 lbs whole shoulder last weekend.  5 adult males absolutely destroyed it.  Hardly any left overs at all. I would plan on 3 or 4 8 lbs butts. You will ot have a hard time giving away the leftovers. 

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL