Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Joined the spatch club!

cazzycazzy Posts: 7,537
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Made my 1st spatchcock chicken today.  Must say that i'm very happy with the results and i'm very thankful to be a member of this very inspiring board.  I'm trying things i've never thought of doing and feel very confident because how informative our board is.

400 direct above felt line using adjustable rig.

The wife and daughter loved it they're finally getting used to me snapping pics before they dig in.  =D>
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ...
·

Comments

• SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,271
    Did the same the other night with the same results. Once you spatch you can't go back!
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    Looks great, Cazzy. How was the skin?

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    That looks very good, welcome to the fold. As a side benefit when you flatten the bird you get to practice your CPR skills!
    David
    BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    Welcome to the club.
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373
    I have had my egg since dec 2010...still need to join.
    Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,537
    The skin was very crispy! I made a grave mistake though that I didn't realize until viewing other people's pics. I butterflied the wrong darn side. I wondered why there was so much meat on the bottom and it didn't make sense until i looked at other peoples results.

So embarrassed I took down the full bird pics lol

In the end it still tasted excellent and was cooked perfectly.
    ·
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,951
    I butterflied the wrong darn side. I wondered why there was so much meat on the bottom and it didn't make sense until i looked at other peoples results. 
    Note to self:  Do not let Cazzy perform surgery on me.                                                                           

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
    Well Gary, the good news is that the surgery went great!! The bad news is that I cut off the wrong leg.
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,168
    Cazzy that story is too good.....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
    @Mickey See...this is why I prefer to learn at the Salado Fest and not cook this go around. Hah
    ·
  • NightwingXPNightwingXP Posts: 436
    I butterflied the wrong darn side. I wondered why there was so much meat on the bottom and it didn't make sense until i looked at other peoples results. 
    Note to self:  Do not let Cazzy perform surgery on me.                                                                           

=))
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
    ·