Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Humpty Dumpty Fell Off The Gas BBQ

Stoater
Stoater Posts: 292
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hi Lassies & Laddies,

I have been, as many a newbie has said, skulking around in the background learning from all of you about grilling on the big green egg and I much appreciate all I have and am learning from you all.  I have seen drunken scotsmen light instant bbq packs with mentholated spirits under plastic tables and chairs just to keep the rain off, I have tasted the fruition of their efforts in slight, and escaped the poisoning by refusing their fare.  I moved to North America from the U.K over 10 years ago and began the long journey of learning to grill,  I bought my first gas grill and grilled year long under make shift shelters, when I first began on this side of the pond I almost burnt my brother in laws shed down with my first grilling of ribs on his old gas grill, I've grilled under a gazebo in winter months that was made of canvas thinking hey, this is keeping the snow off, only to realize after the fact that the snow on the top started to form huge 70lbs of ice, one night we were asleep and heard an awful noise, my gazebo collapsed, bent the keeich out of our table and chairs but the grill survived and so did I.  I recently heard a sales rep talk about the big green egg, he wasn't selling eggs but he knew I liked to grill so mentioned the BGE, after talking to him I had to check it out, after googling it, joining this forum and much research I put a deposit down on a big green egg xl, I love to cook and being british I have followed many british chefs, and hope to use the BGE to reproduce the many recipes we constantly cook at home, including ruby murray's (curry's) :) anyway I don't mean to bore you all with my banter but rather thank you all for what I have learn't, and will no doubt continue to learn from you all, I have many questions.

Slainte Ne Gar!

Comments