Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

1st time cooking fish

cazzycazzy Posts: 4,523
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I got my wisdom teeth pulled Friday morning and was instructed to maintain a soft food diet for 2 days.  Today, I was able to expand my diet to fish, eggs, tofu, pasta and ramen.  With that, I asked the wife to pick me up some tilapia and I fired up the egg.  While getting the egg up to temp, I searched and found a discussion by @Mainegg cooking Tilapia in parchment paper.  Sounded good to me so I seasoned with sage, basil, ground pepper, Fiesta Fish Seasoning and celtic sea salt.

I stabilized the grill and 350 and went with a raised grid approach.  I didn't find toothpicks so I used a stapler to close the parchment.

It took no time for the internal temp to reach 150 and it tasted pretty good. :)  I'll make this again for sure!

Comments