Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

1st time cooking fish

cazzycazzy Posts: 8,543
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I got my wisdom teeth pulled Friday morning and was instructed to maintain a soft food diet for 2 days.  Today, I was able to expand my diet to fish, eggs, tofu, pasta and ramen.  With that, I asked the wife to pick me up some tilapia and I fired up the egg.  While getting the egg up to temp, I searched and found a discussion by @Mainegg cooking Tilapia in parchment paper.  Sounded good to me so I seasoned with sage, basil, ground pepper, Fiesta Fish Seasoning and celtic sea salt.

I stabilized the grill and 350 and went with a raised grid approach.  I didn't find toothpicks so I used a stapler to close the parchment.

It took no time for the internal temp to reach 150 and it tasted pretty good. :)  I'll make this again for sure!

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....