Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

baby backs i need help

gdawgs24gdawgs24 Posts: 21
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
i have committed to cooking baby back ribs today for a small party. my only probably is i went to pick up my extral large plate setter yesterday and before i could get there someone came in right before me and purchased it. needless to say i dont have a plate setter. what can i do. thought about putting just a cookie sheet in there. any feedback would be greatly appreciated
·

Comments

• Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,220
    Pizza stone on bricks, bricks on stone and grill on top of that?
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,220
    Check that last one, grill pizza stone and rib rack in drip pan or direct on stone.

Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·
  • gdawgs24gdawgs24 Posts: 21
    i hadnt planned on using a rib rack no need on the xl. and i do not have any fire bricks
    ·
  • gdawgs24gdawgs24 Posts: 21
    Check that last one, grill pizza stone and rib rack in drip pan or direct on stone.

·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,405
    Don't worry. I doubt I've used a platesetter for ribs more than 2 or 3 times. Anything you can get under the ribs to shade them from the direct glow of the lump is fine. I usually have a cookie sheet, or cake pan on the lower grill. If the drippings start to burn later in the cook, add a little water to the pan.
    ·