Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a great Labor Day and are excited for the start of the NFL this week. If you’re not a sports fan, you can celebrate National Breakfast Month all September and National Cheese Pizza Day on September 5. We can’t wait to share some awesome fall recipes with you all! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

A Ribeye and some Kasewurst

GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,296
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

So mad! Still can't find the charger for my camera. And now the backup camera isn't working. And the backup to the backup is a piece of chit, so bear with the sorry pictures.

Was digging through the freezer Thursday night for something to eat Friday and came across a nice ribeye that I had stashed away. I'm not Catholic, I can eat beef of Friday, lol. Also found a small batch of the Kasweurst I had made up previously. Dinner is decided. At the last moment, we had a guest. She brought a chuck steak (not something I've ever had before) Steaks got some DP Raising the Steaks and sat on the counter to come up to temp while we grilled up the Kasewurst.

My fire got a bit hotter than I wanted it to, so I threw a pizza stone under my grate extender to block some of the direct heat. Not real sure why, I might have been a coupla glasses into the Wild Turkey at this point.

Let that go for a lil bit while I enjoyed a glass of Turkey, and then pulled it off when it hit 160 verified by my trusty Blazing Fast Blue Thermapen (ya know Blue is the fastest. ;)

While we snacked on the 'Wurst, the steaks went on to the grill which I want to say had come up to about 600F. But who knows? The Turkey clouds my memory of the unimportant details like that.

This was a pretty big steak, so the wife and I split it, we are still on a diet ya know (sorta). Served it up with half a baked tater, which had to have cheese, bacon bits and sour cream (It gets hard to stick to a diet after more Turkeys  ;)  ) and some green beans.

Man, I really need to find that charger. That last pic is just horrible. Whatever, it was still a pretty darn tasty meal and I enjoyed it while thinking of all my poor Catholic friends.  :))

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

Comments