Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fire Grate

FlamethrowerFlamethrower Posts: 493
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

I found this today an a full clean out. It wasn't there 2 weeks ago on the last clean out. My XL hasn't been over 650 since purchased in Nov

What do ya Folks think?

LET'S EAT
·

Comments

• BotchBotch Posts: 3,282
    Possibly a flaw during the casting (assuming its cast).  I wouldn't worry about it, but keep an eye on it; if it goes more than halfway across I'd contact the Mothership...

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373

I just noticed mine has done that exact same thing.

Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • This was located on the hinge side. I use an electric starter right in the middle of my lum and  If I remember right I saw a post that the fife goes to the rear.
    LET'S EAT
    ·
  • fire

LET'S EAT
    ·
  • Randy1Randy1 Posts: 373

I start the lump with starter squares. I also cook pizza a lot so the egg gets hot quite a bit. Not good.

Benton,Arkansas
    ·
  • Will contact dealer tom.
    LET'S EAT
    ·