Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging in the Early Morning Rain

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
343%3A592%3B23232%7Ffp3%3B%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3DXROQDF%3E232388384%3C%3A57ot1lsi
<p />After an all nighter cooking butts, it started raining. Not to worry, I have my rain cap to keep me warm and dry. Four more hours to go.[p]Spring "ButtheadMeister" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Essex County
    Essex County Posts: 991
    Spring Chicken,
    That is a very nice photo. It captures the quiet of the rainy morning very well.[p]Last week was one of perpetual rainfall in the northeast. My sump pump is still catching up. Yesterday was nice though. Cooked for the first time in over a week. 8 racks of baby backs and a bunch of thighs. Still need to work on the ribs but they're getting better.[p]Enjoy your butt![p]Paul

• clweed
    clweed Posts: 70
    Spring Chicken,[p]The storm woke me up this morning, just in time to get the brisket on :)
  • Spring Chicken
    Essex County,
    Thanks Paul. Have a great holiday weekend.[p]Spring Chicken

• Spring Chicken
    clweed,
    From the looks of it, most of the storm has move on to the east. Have a great holiday.[p]Spring Chicken

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Spring Chicken,
    That's a beautiful photo, Spring. Are you going to get this one framed for your office? Your should have something as a keepsake for this allnighter and your photo says it all.
    Clay

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Hey ButtheadMeister,[p]Great Pic. Sounds like you are going to have some serious pulled pork soon. How's the internal temp looking.[p]I hope the rain heads out to the East today.[p]Keep your head down![p]Cheers,[p]Ed

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • Spring Chicken
    Clay Q,
    Thanks. The photo did turn out nice in spite of my haste to get back inside. No furture plans for it.[p]Spring Chicken

• Spring Chicken
    343%3A5%3A3923232%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D3236%3E7%3B3%3E842%3EWSNRCG%3D323297475%3A68%3Cnu0mrj
    <p />GrillMeister,
    Thanks Ed. I took this photo when I put the butts on and I plan to take another one when they come off in about two hours. That will make it about a 19-hour cook. They should be pretty tasty.[p]Oh, by the way, as of Wednesday I no longer have to look down. And I can see 20/200. I told the doctor I stayed up all night studying for the eye test. She said it should continue to improve over the next few months to near normal.[p]Spring "Always Learning" Chicken

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    Spring Chicken,[p]That's great news! Pretty soon, you'll be coming back to Lake Travis for a mini eggfest. Let's get one planned now!

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Spring Chicken,[p]Wow, 19 hrs would be right on target with what I expected compared to my last two double-butt cooks (one pair took 18 hrs, one pair took 20 hrs). [p]It's nice to see repeatable results. Let's see some pictures when those babies are done - you are going to have some mighty tasty pulled pork there, my friend.[p]PP leftovers today for lunch,[p]TRex
  • Spring Chicken
    343%3A5%3A7523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2327%3D8%3A4%3D933%3DXROQDF%3E232388389438%3Bot1lsi
    <p />TRex,
    195 degrees and ready to go into the Hibernator until just before noon.[p]How do they look?[p]Spring "Sunshine" Chicken

• Spring Chicken
    GrillMeister,
    I still can't drive outside the immediate area (2 miles or so) but that might change in two more weeks. Then we can talk seriously about a mini-fest. In fact, I see no reason we can't have mini-fests in each of the larger Texas cities. There's more than enough Eggheads in Dallas/Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio and Houston to do one. Maybe at a park or something just for the day. We have a nice park in our neighborhood, as do many neighborhoods. Just getting Eggs there is the biggest problem. Something to think about.[p]Spring "Hauling Butt" Chicken

• TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Spring Chicken,[p]Looks absolutely great. The pulled picture looks even tastier. Congratulations on a great cook.[p]Cheers,[p]TRex