Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Forgive me Eggheads for I have Sinned.

JMSetzlerJMSetzler Posts: 75
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
In my quest for an egg, I stumbled across a cooker that looked too good to pass up.  It's not an egg, but it's a cheap knock-off.  This is a new item in the inventory at Lowes, so I went to have a look at it and kick the tires on the showroom floor the other day and it looked too good to be true.  I decided to sleep on it and I went back and bought it the next day.

I have seen a lot of cheap knock-offs before but none that seemed to have the quality of build this one has.  It's not ceramic.  It's made more like a big steel keg.  It has a 19 3/4" cast iron grate grilling surface and a 13" elevated rack as well.  I bought it yesterday and put it together last night.  I did a seasoning burn for the cast iron grate this afternoon and everything looks to be really good on it so far. For a savings of $700 or so not counting a table, I had to give this a try.

Comments